Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Getting so frustrated.

I felt good restriction post op and it lasted awhile. SO much so that my Dr. and I decided to postpone my first fill. I've had my first fill 2 weeks ago, 1 cc added. And I don't feel the same restriction that I felt before. I couldn't get an appointment for 2 more weeks to see the Dr. and possibly get a fill. That will at least give me time to make any behavior adjustments. I've been trying to follow the guidelines and I've been exercising but the scale is going in the wrong direction. Mainly, I feel like I'm only dieting and a few weeks ago I felt good restriction which is why I feel frustrated. I've done well, a total of 35lbs (give or take) so I'm hoping a fill will get me going back in the right direction. Thanks for letting me vent.

You know what? The same happened to me. I was so afraid that I wouldn't be able to follow the 10 day per surgery liquid diet that I started it 4 weeks before my surgery......lost 17 pounds. After the surgery, with no fill, I lost 7 more pounds. Then I went 8 weeks, getting less and less restricted......gained the 7 pounds back. It wasn't until I had a very aggressive fill (3 ccs) that I steadly started losing weight. I'm now down 65 pounds total - 8 months out.

But, if I'm not really restricted - I don't lose any weight - even at only 1000-1200 cals per day.......I have to be under 1000 to lose. Only thing I can tell you - try and get an agressive fill!

Thanks for the reply. It seems like I have an atpical bandster hell going on, only because I was at a sweet spot for a few weeks. I'm sure healing had some effects on the swelling restriction. Well, wish me luck in two weeks.

Thanks for the reply. It seems like I have an atpical bandster hell going on, only because I was at a sweet spot for a few weeks. I'm sure healing had some effects on the swelling restriction. Well, wish me luck in two weeks.

I was banded in May and had my first fill July 12th. I did not feel much different. I remember reading on this site somewhere that sometimes it can take 3 weeks or so for a fill to "kick" in. And for some reason after 3 to 4 weeks I really notice it now. Last week I even had a episode with

a little pain and foaming after eating. So now for real, I feel I have to chew and eat slow. This whole banding is a learning experience and different for everyone.

Post op I had restriction and I think that had to do with swelling. We postponed my first fill 3 weeks and by that time, I couldn't wait to get it. He added 1 cc and I really hadn't felt much difference. I was supposed to follow up 6-8 weeks from that visit but I couldn't really wait so next week I will see him and hopefully get a little adjustment. I've lost weight overall, I'm soooo happy about that but I haven't been losing since my last visit. I feel better and look better and can push my self more working out at the gym. But I want to keep improving and hopefully another fill will be just what I need. I've learned from the forum that restriction from swelling is normal, and I think that's what my problem is. I also know that by saying you can eat bread isn't a good estimate but I ate a whole egg sandwhich, (ham, no bacon or cheese) on a roll with no problem.:) Honestly I thought I'd be ok with only half so obviously my portions are too large as well.