Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi All! Im two years out and maintaining, but am trying to fit more vegetables into my diet. Does anyone have any ideas on how to get 5 a day of different veggies so that I get max antioxidents?

Does anyone recommend V8?

I get a big bowl, and throw in snow peas, red/ yellow/ or orange bell peppers cut into strips, zucchini, squash, mushrooms, and cut up about 5 leaves of Chinese cabbage and keep it covered in the fridge. When I am cooking dinner, I just grab a hand full I throw them in a pan with a tablespoon of olive oil and sauté for 2-3 min, since they are already cut up its really easy and good.

Here is what I use my old French fry maker for:

It makes the prep work of cutting veggies easy.

I don't recommend any fruit or veggie juices during the weight loss stage, too many calories without any Fiber.

post-281008-13813139479145_thumb.jpg

post-281008-13813139479478_thumb.jpg

post-281008-13813139479912_thumb.jpg

Edited by LeighaMason

Truth....I just ordered some "Nutrilite Concentrated Fruits and Vegetables" pills. They give you 10 servings. Nutrilite Health - NUTRILITE® Concentrated Fruits and Vegetables

They have chewables also. I should be getting them soon, will let you know how they do.

Most days of the week I'd have a green smoothie for Breakfast - one or two fruits (just chunks, not entire fruits) and a handful of spinach - a small glass - like a glass of juice only healthier. I have a vitamix blender which pulverises those things to completely smooth and creamy but you can do it in a regular blender, just tastes a bit more like lawnmower pulp is all. Its just one of those things, not very yummy but I just get it over with. A bit later, often when I get to work, I'll have whatever else I fancy for breakie.

Morning tea at work every single day is cut up raw vegies - cucumber, carrot, red capscicum, snow peas, mushrooms, whatever I have on hand. Just a small serve.

Most days at work, I have Soup (home made, vegetable based) or a salad with a Protein source added.

dinner very often has vegetables with it, we have kids, lots of plain meat and 3 veg style meals.

I fit all the vegies in no problem, but I dont worry so much about Protein, so I'm not trying to fit them in around that many protein foods.

Thank you so much for the tips. I cant eat salads any more, and raw veggies are tough. Nothing solid prior to lunch, and sometimes not even then. I am trying so hard to eat "right" now!

Keep up the great work!::)

I drink low-sodium V8 occasionally but prefer unprocessed vegetables. The time of the day has a big effect on what I can eat. I've replaced lettuce in my diet with baby spinach because it contains so much nutrition.

Good luck!

Brad

Vegetable lasagna - instead of making a lasagna with noodles, I use long thin strips of zucchini cooked a bit in extra virgin olive oil, or you could use eggplant. Saute shredded carrot, onion, bell peppers, finely chopped broccoli or cauliflower, mushrooms, fresh spinach, etc. in a bit of olive oil. Add your favorite spaghetti sauce.

Mix ricotta cheese with egg and freshly shredded parmesan cheese.< /p>

Layer the 1/2 the zucchini (or eggplant) in the bottom of a 9x13 inch pan, then spoon 1/2 the cheese mixture, then 1/2 the veggie mixture. Repeat. Top with slices of fresh mozarella cheese. Bake. If you want to add Protein to this yummy dish, cook up some turkey Italian sausage and add to the sauce.

When I make this, I will freeze some in the little one cup ziploc bowls, and grab them to have for lunch.

Another idea is to shred various fresh veggies, like above, and add them to your spaghetti sauce when you're having spaghetti. Or you can add them to a meatloaf.

Good luck in your Quest to up your veggie eating!