Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

exercise ....dance dance revolution

If any of you guys have a xbox or a playstation...or you have one you can steal from your kids, you should check out dance dance revolution. We have been playing it for a few years. Its great exercise. I have played it for over an hour tonight. I normally have trouble getting my exercise in on the weekend.

For those that don't know what it is. It's a video game that you dance to the music and arrows on the screen. They have pads that you dance on and you have to step on the right arrow with the beat of the song. It's very addicting. My husband that doesn't like to exercise will play this. Some high schools in california from what I understand are actually using this in gym classes because the kids all love it. They have in arcades, but I look like I'm stomping bugs when I play so don't like playing in public. I've even seen versions out this year that are just plug and play into the tv (doesnt' require an xbox or playstation).

Melissa

play and plug one is here.

(follow the menu option to tv dance pads) I don't know much about that version though, haven't used it.

We have an xbox and a playstation (old one). And a metal pad (which we bought for the teenager last year for christmas. You can get the old playstation pretty cheap...like 25.00 or less on ebay, and the playstation 2 (which has more game options for ddr) is like right at 150.00 I think now used at one of the game stores.

I also saw that xbox has a personal trainer program for it...anyone tried this? It's kinda pricey and not sure how effective it will be.

Also forgot to mention, on both the xbox and the playstation version you can go into workout mode...it keeps track of your calories, and no matter how much you actually suck at the game as long as you keep moving and trying it lets you play in that mode.

How fun, I would much rather shake 'it' in the privacy of my own home, then at a class somewhere. Thanks for the info. I am going to check into that. How big are the pads? I am 6' tall and have a long stride, and that concerns me. We just bought a great jogging stroller and it is not tall enough for me or my husband.

-Deb

Well all the pads are pretty much the same size. It's pretty much like doing forward stomps or just side stomps. Strides wouldn't really matter as you generally just move back and forth with in a 1 step radias around the pad. My husband is 6' 3" and does fine.

Melissa (my legs are sore this morning from all the ddr I played yesterday with the kids)

I posted on this in another thread last weekend. I recently bought DDR and have been playing ever since. It is a wonderful way to get exercise. I often find myself dancing until I can't move any more--then I rest and try again in 30 mins or so. I just kinda leave it plugged in all weekend, and do a couple of songs here and there.

I have played this at a friends house and it is AWESOME! I would be exhausted afterwards but it would feel great and it so much fun. I have wanted to buy it, but I have been trying to find out if there is a version for regular PS, I can only find it for PS2. Is the plug in version DDR or a copycat??

I have it for ps1...so it gotta be out there somwhere, maybe look on ebay, or one of the stores that sells used games? I don't know if they plug and play is a copy cat or DDR. I haven't actually seen it except on the website link above.

Melissa