Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Belly/Abdominal FAT!!!

Ok so i know that those of you that are or were bigger like me...like 250+ have SOME kind of experience with the dreaded spare tire on your lower belly.

I have had one child and it was a c-section and ever since my "baby" fat in my stamache has taken a downward turn...its disgusting.

Anyone have a method that they truly thinks works? Im starting an excercise program next week and i hope to lose some of this...I wanted to know what most of you are doing to get the HARD TO ELIMINATE areas of your body?

My next problem is my thunder thighs.....my biggest section on me is my mid section, butt, and legs....everything else is slightly manageable.

HELP!!!!

Thunder thighs you can call me my a-- is enourmous and my thighs are huge all my weight is in the bottom half even when I was anorexic I had enormous legs I was going to get Lipo years ago when it first came out I have varicous veins huge legs and butt and horrible calluses on my feet not a pretty site I don't know if you thought you were bad I'm probably first what is a girl to do.

I've had two tummy surgeries (c section and appendix) the appendix surgery left me with a scar from my hip to my belly button and even at my smallest weight I could not get my apron to disapear. For me I would need surgery to remove the skin. If your young you probably have a good shot of reducing it with exercise. Even thoug I know mine won't go flat, I'm still going to do exercise to reduce it.

Good luck !!!

My Mom had lots of success flattening out her belly with lower back exercises the chiropractor gave her. It made a big difference in the way her pants fit across the front of her. She does butt lifts, leg lifts, crunches, etc and targets those areas and it helped. Okay, so she's only 135 pounds at 5'1". Still, the difference was visible. And she's 66 years old. So why don't I do her little 15 minute routine every night? That's the $16,000 question.

I'm sure I'll need a Tummy Tuck.< /p>

I think you either have it or you dont. It depends a lot on your skin and not on how heavy you are, and also what your weight did during pregnancy. If it shot up very fast and in large amounts, you do experience some serious stretching.

I take a wait and see atittude, plenty of abdo strengthening and just see what happens. You may be left with a bit of skin, but it might be only a small amount. They played the last episode of the Biggest Loser here on Friday night and that fellow whatever his name was (not the guy who won), he'd lost an AMAZING amount of weight and he had a six pack with just a little bit of loose skin there on his belly. I could live with that. A big apron of skin I couldnt live with.

I pray I'm having this surgery before I got to that stage, I've had 3 babies, one was a caesar and I didnt gain much weight during pregnancy and my belly is unmarked, no stretch marks and no apron, just a lot of fat, so I'm really really hoping that it shrinks back. I guess at 38 I'm not young and I'm not old. But if it doesnt go back I'll weigh it up and I lean towards living with it. I"m not going to be getting round in a string bikini or anything anyway, so if it doesnt blow in the breeze and cause problems it'll be staying. I'd rather a bit of loose skin than a huge scar from hip to hip.

spot reducing doesn't work, if this ius your question.

Wish it did though. Fat goes where fat wants to go. And comes off when and if it wants.

Well, wearing a girdle helps. That way your body isn't fighting gravity as it tries to absorb that excess skin.

If you are talking about actual fat, a little spot work can't hurt - but, if you are just one of those people that is shaped with the larger lower half - you are fighting your own genetics.

I am very much afraid that you will lose in a fight with Mother Nature.

:[

I have had 2 ceasars and a life of up and down weight. When I started at the gym and explained it all to my fitness trainer she said she would be honest with me. There is no way I could do anything about my belly. There is too much loose skin. You cant tighten loose skin, you can only lose or tighten fat. The stretched skin is there to stay and man do I have alot of it. I have an appointment in Feb with a PS for a TT...its the only way Ill be getting rid of the big ol danglin thing. :D

Everything you see on TV about drastic weight loss suggests that most of us are in for a tt in our future, but have ya'll noticed, the plastic surgery shows are ALWAYS about bypass patients? I've yet to see one that dealt with the slower weight loss strategy of the lapband. I'd like to see that changed.

Meanwhile, maybe I'll invent "flesh colored" duct tape!! ha