Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

My name is Jenn and I'm very new to all of this. I am attending a seminar on Tuesday to get the ball rolling. I am really excited to start this journey as it seems life changing but at the same time selfish. As I start this, I'm very worried about other people, my friends, coworkers, and family, judging me. I work at the hospital I will be having the surgery at so it puts my in a tough spot. Just looking for some advice and thoughts as I start my journey. Thanks! :rolleyes:

Hi Jenn,

I too work in the hospital where I will be having my surgery; I know many people who work there that have also had the surgery. I have come to the conculision that I cannot be afraid of what anyone might think of me for having the surgery. I feel that it is right for me, I have the support from my friends and most of all my family. I am not sure how big your hospital is where you work, but you might see if there is anyone there that has had this done and look to them for support. Also, if there is a support group offered I would suggest you attend and see if one of your friends or family members would go with you. I will be having surgery on Aug 5th, but know many people that have had this done already and see how this has changed their lives for the better. I am curious, as to why you said you felt selfish for having this done, why is that? May I ask?

Ocnlvr :rolleyes:

I have met a fee people that have had it done, all with good results. My hospital is small, only about 250 beds, so everyone knows everyone! And congrats! You must be very excited. I am still afraid to involve my friends and my family other than my mom, who is very supportive. Selfish propably isn't the correct word. Although I still have my doubts, I need to do this for myself. It is something I want... But my health is at risk. There's a lot to think about and I appreciate you're response!!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• BetterLeah

Woohoo! I have 7 more days till surgery, So far I am already down a total of 20lbs since I started this journey. 
      · 1 reply
      1. NeonRaven8919

Well done! I'm 9 days away from surgery! Keep us updated!

• Ladiva04

Hello,
      I had my surgery on the 25th of June of this year. Starting off at 117 kilos.😒
      · 1 reply
      1. NeonRaven8919

Congrats on the surgery!

• Sandra Austin Tx

I’m 6 days post op as of today. I had the gastric bypass 
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • RacMag  »  bhogue925

Hi, I’m new here. I’m currently on the liver shrinking diet. So far so good, but I have to say I haven’t found a protein shake I like. Anyone have any suggestions please? My surgery date is September 17th. 
      · 2 replies
      1. BlondePatriotInCDA

Fairlife Core are by far the best. They taste just as they are - chocolate milk. You can either get the 26 grams or the 42 grams (harder to find and more expensive). For straight protein look at Bulksuppliments.com ..they have really good whey proteins and offer auto ship plus they test for purity. No taste or smell...

2. BlondePatriotInCDA

Fairlife has strawberry, vanilla and of course chocolate. No more calories than other protein drinks. Stay away from Premiere, they're dealing with lawsuits due to not being honest about protein content.

• Doctor-Links

HGH For Sale
      hgh for sale at our online pharmacy

Human growth hormone (HGH) is a small protein which is made in part of the brain called the pituitary gland. It travels in your bloodstream all over your body to make your body grow.
      HGH is very important in the body. It is needed for children to grow normally. It helps make sure there is enough muscle and fat in the body. It keeps our bones healthy.
      Buy Rybelsus online, Rybelsus tablets
      You can order for wegovy at our online pharmacy
      Check for the prices of 0.25mg, 0.5mg and 1mg at our online pharmacy and buy ozempic.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches