Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Could really use some encouragement!

Hi everyone, I am scheduled for banding Aug. 31 and my dr submitted to my insurance yesterday and they called and said that the insurance wants food/drink/exercise logs to go along with my dr/weight loss visits. Guess what -- didn't keep any because we did not know that I needed them -- so I get to spend the weekend "remembering" everything I ate and drank since January! My dr and nurse feel really bad about this and think it's completely over the top, but I guess I have to give it a try if I want the insurance to cover -- because if they deny me then there is no way I can afford to self pay. I'm trying not to get discouraged but I'm feeling pretty down about the whole thing. Thanks for listening I just really needed to vent a little. I'm a person of faith and I believe that if this is meant to work for me then everything will work out -- but the process can be hard sometimes!

A woman of faith? Well then I know you can do it!! It will be worth the time spent.

Cheri

You can do it, Wendy. I know it's frustratingly busy work they're putting you through but it will all be worth it. :(

Here are some suggestions of foods you see on "healthy food lists": Chobani Fruited Greek Yogurt for Breakfast (with added Protein powder), Occational whey Protein Shake made with Fat Free Milk, fruit or string cheese for afternoon snack, Lean Cuisine for lunch, Grillled/Baked chicken breast, Turkey Chili, Hummus and carrots, Egg Whites/egg beaters, Fish, Apples, oranges. Just incase you hit writers block!

Thanks for the encouragement and ideas -- I have decided to have a positive idea about doing this log. I believe that we can learn something from everything we go through so I am going to use this as a chance to review some of the behaviour that got me to this point in the first place! It has been very time consuming but hopefully this will be the last step in gettting approval from my insurance -- I qualify in every other way. Thanks again and good luck on your journeys--I'm looking forward to continuing mine.

Just remember each month you fill out is worth $1500 that's pretty good pay for a journal!

Just remember that dealing with the insurance is all about jumping through hoops. If you jump through enough of them, you will get your surgery. I had to jump through hoops for 18 months before I got approved, but I am banded now and loving it!!!!!!!!!!!