Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Where is Everyone....

You still all cannot be tired from your thanksgiving dinner and black friday shopping. This board is too quite.

I know i'm having RNY but I had my upper GI wednesday and everything went fine. Drinking the barium was the worse part of everything.

I hope everyone is well. I still have a birthday party to get ready for, disney on ice, and hopefully some rest. Well see what happens.

Have a great weekend.

Jennifer

Jennifer...My thoughts excatly. I was coming to post this same thing this morning.

I know it's a busy time....but all need to still check in and see what is going on and support!!! I am super stressed right now....Curtis surgery is Wed, we go the hospital tuesday morning. Found out this past tuesday they sold my divison of the bank so that means no job for me after the conversion. The good news is I should have til at least Sept to work and then a few months after that. So other then that I am here....

Can't wait to see you all on the 17th.....Can you beleive it Christmas is almost here!!!

We went to disney on ice last night. The bob cats arena is nice. I'm having real issues I think. The nutritionist didn't think I needed a fill, but I'm starting to think I do. Up until now...I've done pretty good at stopping after eating the prescribed amount. Lately I've noticed that I can eat much more than that. It's not the band that has been stopping me from overeating really, just me. In the mornings I have restriction sometimes and can't eat things that are like bread and such...so have mostly been having coffee with extra milk in it. Weightloss is pretty much at a stand still, I've gained weight this week actually. I admit that I did loose control on some stupid chocolate candy that was at work, and it amounted to about 300 calories worth of crap for the day. Last night at disney on ice I had a hotdog. It went down NO promblemo. Didn't feel full or anything. I'm tired right now..and probally not in the best attitude, but I really want that feeling that I'm full or satisfied. My husband asked me...but are you still hungry. Well no, I can't honestly say I'm ever that hungry physically. I'm going to go back to writing every bite down again, and I'm mad that I have to. LOL Like I said I've been in a rather sad place right now, probally why i've not been posting too much. I need this meeting on the 17th.

Melissa

Kim,

I'm sorry about your son. Did you just find out about the division being sold.

My division will probably be affected by the 'india' thingie that was in the paper thursday.

I really know everything will be fine with your son. I'm sure he's in good hands.

I am really sorry that your going through such a tough time. Please keep us updated.

Merry Christmas....

Jennifer

Dragonwilo -

I'm sorry your having trouble with the restriction. I"m so unsure how all that works. Have you talked with anyone about this? I'm not sure what issue I will face losing weight. Since I have been overweight all my life I don't what it's like to be thin. I wanted to point out too, not sure who it was a while back but I'm not in competition for losing the most weight. I'm sure I will struggle just like each of you. I am getting nervous. I'm finishing my appointments psych computer test and nutrionist on the 12th. I am so excited.

I hope to have my surgery in Jan. I am a planner so I gotta have my babysitting in line and daycare. I am going to try to come on the 17th. I am unsure if I have anything I must do that day except an ENT appointment.

Take Care,

Jennifer

How did I miss your post this morning kim. I'll be thinking about you on Wed. I'm sure Curtis will do great. You know how kids are, they take things much more in stride than us whiney adults. I'm glad they are able to get it done this early in December, he should be all recovered for a great Christmas.

Melissa

Wow we all have a lot going and and we all seem to be struggling with some type of head thing! Aren't we lucky!!!!

You know I was real crabby today, I mean a real SUPER _ _ _ _ _ on wheels. The house is a mess with the transition of decorations and shopping bags. The laundry is backed up, the dishwasher is full, and I'm really tired. My sisters are flying in for my birthday on Thursday and of course I want everything perfect.

I took a few minutes for a quickie-nap and I started thinking that I am making everyone one around me on edge. I have a wonderful husband, (even though he makes me nuts at times) and 2 GREAT kids who are old enough to live on there own but still live home which I LOVE!

I am prclaiming that these days are special and memorable. I am truly blessed to have a relationship with my Lord, my children, husband and friends. So I am going to get ALL this stuff done, But I'm going to do it with a smile on my face and joy in my heart.

No matter what we have going on, December seems to make me more sensitive than other months.

I think we all need to sit back a minute and think about how blessed we are for what we've got.

We are all praying for our little Curtis and I know in my heart he will do great and be running around with big smiles on his face in a real short time. How cool that he is having the surgery this week so when Santa comes he can feel GREAT! Even though these are scary times for you Kim, take a deep breath and feel all our prayers and love.

I've been working full time plus doing Slumber Parties on the slide. I did two parties this weekend, so I'm pretty tired, which is my excuse for the day. So I'm right here, drinking a glass (fine, 2 glasses) of White Zinfendel with my furbabies and hubby sleeping.< /p>

The holiday season is extra stressful I think. We have some place, party or event we are suppouse to be at every weekend in December. Add to that christmas play rehearsals, girl scout service projects, and work related nonsense and its a wonder any of us are eatting right. But I'm going to try harder.

Delarla, a glass of wine sounds like the perfect form of relaxation.

Melissa

It is nuts! We had church this morning them went out to Celebrate birthdays with some friends then we have a concert at church tonight and a party after that.

What are we going to do come January and February...lol...well all be saying how bored we are!

I don't know about you guys, but I have been having bites of sweets. Really how can you not this time of yr!

We went to disney on ice today - everything was way expensive. We got a snowcone and cotton candy. I love cotton candy. Today is my husbands birthday, saturday is my daughter's birthday party, monday the 12th is my final testing date to finish for surgery, then I should have a date. The 12th is also my daughter's birthday. I think we have a busy week that week, with a school christmas pagent. Then the weekend we should put up our tree. I need to finish shopping for my daughter too. Ugh. I dislike the december birth/xmas set up. She always winds up with so much.

Off topic - anyone having allergy problems? Mine are out of control, the flonase isn't working and clarinex has been dropped by my health insurance. I gotta figure out something, claritin doesn't work either. Will these get better after surgery?

Jennifer

Ah so you bought the $10. snowcone too...and the cotten candy I said no to...it was another 10. We did spend enough on food though that I could have had a gourmet meal somewhere. Hotdogs were 5.50 a piece...but I have to say really good...not sure if it was 5.50 good though. LOL I always hate going to things like that, I feel like I'm the big bad mommy saying NO NO NO constantly. The little ones just dont' understand that toy they want cost 3 times as much as a much better toy they could get at the toystore.

It was a cute show, though I think Prince charming was a bit old for the part...:D.

Melissa

Hi Everyone,

I have my endoscopy tomorrow morning. It feels like I've been waiting for it forever, and it's finally here. My packet hasn't gone to the insurance yet, and as I get to know Dr. Kuwada and his staff better; I don't think he'll send it until the endo results get back. Although I hate the wait, this is not a bad thing because the results should document another co-morbidity (GERD) to help support my request for surgery.

I'm in the same division as Kim. I feel guilty; I was tagged for placement in another business unit months ago. The purchasing entity won't even know I exist. I'm not sure when I'll start my new job, but I already know the folks I'll work with because they used to be part of my current division.

Saturday, I had my hair wacked off real short and burgundy low lights put in it. My hair is really thick, and I've been growing it for quite a while. My husband kept harrassing me about getting it trimmed and thinned. I went a big step beyond trimmed, and have a "boy cut". It actually looks good, but it's too short for his taste.

The endo is a piece of cake, and its your last step before sending insurance...so you are almost there. Does the doc have more patients waiting too? I remembered you saying he needed to schedule several surgeries together for inmand to come out?

Melissa