Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Looking for September 2010 Bandsters

Glad to hear most everyone is doing well. Those with insurance issues don't get discouraged. I have dealt with Cigna before and it does get frustrating. Always ask for the persons name . It helps when the reps know they are accountable. Good luck to all todays banders.

For any one needing a high Protein beverage try Isopure. One bottle has 40 gms . I bought it at the Vitamin shoppe. Cathy glad you are now going out. I am doing well on day 5 of my pre-op. Almost fearful of weighing myself because I get compulsive and will be jumping on and of the scale all day. Is this normal?

i have been so frustrated lately with my insurance company they submitted all if my info on aug 19th and on the 23rd it went to the care cordination dept and is still under approval...it just feels like it is taking forever kinda getting a little discouraged :) so it has been submitted for 13 days now...and just wondering if it means that they don't want to approve it? also wondering if anyone that has uhc has had this same issue? and if the care coordinator has anything to do with helping this issue out in getting it worked out faster? any who sorry to go on this rant but it feels good to get it out.

also csintx i have been meaning to say congrats to u!!!! :) how are you feeling?

Hello everyone!

After months of appointments and insurance red tape I finally received my approval today and I'm scheduled for Sept 21st. I haven't been this excited about anything in a very long time!

My surgeon doesn't require a pre-op diet so now all I have to do is get my supplies for my post-op diet and try not to go mad waiting for the next 3 weeks. (Patience isn't my strong suit.:))

Good luck everyone and I wish you all success on your journey!

Hello everyone!

After months of appointments and insurance red tape I finally received my approval today and I'm scheduled for Sept 21st. I haven't been this excited about anything in a very long time!

My surgeon doesn't require a pre-op diet so now all I have to do is get my supplies for my post-op diet and try not to go mad waiting for the next 3 weeks. (Patience isn't my strong suit.:))

Good luck everyone and I wish you all success on your journey!

yay! congrats to you :thumbup: that is so exciting! how long did it take for your insurance to approve you?

yay! congrats to you :) that is so exciting! how long did it take for your insurance to approve you?

Thank you, phershey!

My packet was submitted to Tricare on Monday (Aug 30) and I was approved today, so the approval process only took two days. Too bad the months of testing and insurance requirements weren't so easy. lol

Being Banded tomorrow! YAY! :)

okay I kinda cheated today... :) Not horribly... I had a small slice of my dads home-made pizza. (the slices are half the size of a pizzeria pizza slice)... I saw it in the fridge and I was starving so I took a piece. (I was still hungry after it so I had a cup of Jello too). It can't be too bad though, definitally not more then 200 calories and very little fat (the way he makes it). So I am trying to forgive myself cause it really wasn't bad and the rest of the day I think I had like 600 calories and about 5% of the "daily fat" so again it wasn't so bad... But why did I have to give in? Even with that small bit I am kicking myself a lot. Yes I did enjoy that little bit so at least it wasn't a total waste... But wwwhhhhyyyyy? :frown: :thumbup: I keep telling myself that its okay and tomorrow is a new day.... hmmm....

I cheated too, the day before my surgery with a Chick'fil'a waffle fry. On the way home from my pre-op appointment, had not eaten (drank) anything for almost 3 hours, was starving as well as my husband. He wanted Chick'fil'a if I could handle it. I agreed if I could suck on a fry. Well took 60 miles to suck that entire fry right down to my stomach and this was the night before surgery. We all have weak moments. :)

Being Banded tomorrow! YAY! :)

Hi Rebecca - Good luck tomorrow. You'll be in our thoughts.

also csintx i have been meaning to say congrats to u!!!! :) how are you feeling?

Thanks for asking. I have been doing great. I would say today was my first day of feeling almost 100%. Yesterday I got dressed (with blue jeans and bra) and went into town. I was kinda expecting the trip into town to be horrible because we live out in the country on those bumpy country roads but the ride actually were not bad.

I'm getting real tired of my Protein Shakes, they just don't taste good anymore to me but I love the Soup. All in all, it's going great. In fact, my husband will be leaving tomorrow for a week to visit his mother who is not doing well at all. So must be doing good in his eyes as well to leave me alone, in the house, with my computer for 7 days.

Cathy

thank you to all of you for being here!!!

I am also on the 2 shakes and 3-4oz.lean protien and 2 vegies for dinner, I really like the protien powder AMP for 3 scoops of powder to 14oz. of Water it has 280cal., 1g fat,

2g sugar,60g of protien. It is not clumpy and tastes great, i sometimes use different flavors of sugar free Jello pudding mix or banana extract to have a little more variety. i found at GNC.< /span>:) I have not weighed myself since I started, only when I go to the Dr.

I have a little addiction to my scale and if I don't loose I want to eat over it and if i do loose weight i want to eat over it.

CSinTX have you ever heard of Unjury? they have a chicken Soup mix that is clear and has tons of Protein u just add it to warm water...and people say it is amazing...something different than just the shakes and it seems to be reasonably priced. i hope everything turns out ok with your mother in law.

being banded tomorrow! Yay! :)

yay! Congrats and good luck :thumbup:

I got into a little trouble on 8/25/10 with my Dr. I gained 13lbs. since my first visit on 3/21/10, though I did stop smoking in that time, and allowed myself to give into all and every cravings. I had to start the liquid diet on 8/26/10 and my surgery is not until 9/23/10. Needless to say.....I am hungry....:)

CONGRATS ON QUITTING SMOKING!!! That has to be healthier for yu than the 19 lbs you put on because they will come back off. You are the first person I've found that has to do a long liquid diet like I do. (I'm sure there are others; just haven't found them." It makes the surgery seem forever away, doesn't it? I started only liquids today and surgery is the 29th of Sept -- four weeks from today. I think it's going to be a hard month but maybe that will prepare me to work hard afterward. Best of luck managing the hunger -- STAY STRONG!

I am starting to freak out now. I have so much going on. I think the world is trying to stop me from going under the knife.

I'm going to vent a little feel free to skip this post:tongue2:

Work has been crazy. I am a home care nurse and both of my bosses got fired I am working 50 to 60 hours a week. I am looking forward to the banding so I can have some time off.

We are in the process of adopting children from the foster care system. I am really excited bot our home study (the final step before the adoption is Monday).

Should I be considering bring children in to my home right ofter getting banded? I have always wanted to be a mother but have been unable to stay pregnant. One of the reason I am getting banded is to control PCOS. In hopes that some day we can have biological children.

Sorry for ranting. Does anyone else feel as if thing are going crazy as the big day come closer.

Now sounds like the perfect time for you to get banded..it seems like you are "In Your Season of Change." HH Nursing is crazy at times..I am in the middle of that storm also. You will be bringing children into a home where the mother has made a choice to be healthy...sounds like to me you are providing more than a stable enviornment..Jump in with both feet Nurse! (I am an adoptive Mom...remembering that home study and the adoption...sweet memories.)