Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Another boring to fill or not to fill question...

I've had two fills since I was banded in February and have good restriction. I can eat literally everything but have been losing weight at a good clip until recently. Do I get a fill? How much? I have 5.5cc in a 10cc band. I love that I can fake my way through an expansive meal with friends and also be satiated with a small piece of fish for dinner at home. The trouble is, I do find myself thinking about food a good amount, I could definitelt eat white bread if I wanted to and my weight loss has been lackluster. I know this isn't an important question which is why I hid in on the fills board. This is all a loooong way of asking how you generally feel and eat BEFORE you get a fill.

My appointment is next week and I'm guessing a .5 or 1cc is in order but I'm just a little afraid. Things are decent now and I'm afraid to mess with a good (ish) thing.

Thanks!

You know the saying:-

"if it ain't broken don't fix it".

I would say that applies here. If you are comfortable where you are,can still eat healthily and are losing then you probably don't need the fill.

Even if your loss has stalled it does sound as though it is only temporary. I would be inclined to move my appointment forward a couple of weeks.

The very fact that you say "messing with a good thing" makes me think you probably have adequate restriction.

I can eat white bread if I want to and I'm all the way to goal and then some and I've been here 2 and a half years. Eating bread is not a measure you should use - how your weight loss is going when you do the right thing is the important measure.

Hmmm. Thanks so much for your thoughts. I'm just so tempted by the little boost that a fill should bring. I've lost 80 lbs with two fills and feel like I deserve a little "cheat". But, sadly, I think that you're right...

Thanks!

Oh, I absolutely agree with the other folks. Eighty lbs since Feb is great. You do sound like you are, probably, where you should be as far as fills. If you get to a stand still on your weight loss, you might want a .02-.05 cc added, but sounds good right now. Don't mess with a good thing!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• BetterLeah

Woohoo! I have 7 more days till surgery, So far I am already down a total of 20lbs since I started this journey. 
      · 1 reply
      1. NeonRaven8919

Well done! I'm 9 days away from surgery! Keep us updated!

• Ladiva04

Hello,
      I had my surgery on the 25th of June of this year. Starting off at 117 kilos.😒
      · 1 reply
      1. NeonRaven8919

Congrats on the surgery!

• Sandra Austin Tx

I’m 6 days post op as of today. I had the gastric bypass 
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • RacMag  »  bhogue925

Hi, I’m new here. I’m currently on the liver shrinking diet. So far so good, but I have to say I haven’t found a protein shake I like. Anyone have any suggestions please? My surgery date is September 17th. 
      · 2 replies
      1. BlondePatriotInCDA

Fairlife Core are by far the best. They taste just as they are - chocolate milk. You can either get the 26 grams or the 42 grams (harder to find and more expensive). For straight protein look at Bulksuppliments.com ..they have really good whey proteins and offer auto ship plus they test for purity. No taste or smell...

2. BlondePatriotInCDA

Fairlife has strawberry, vanilla and of course chocolate. No more calories than other protein drinks. Stay away from Premiere, they're dealing with lawsuits due to not being honest about protein content.

• Doctor-Links

HGH For Sale
      hgh for sale at our online pharmacy

Human growth hormone (HGH) is a small protein which is made in part of the brain called the pituitary gland. It travels in your bloodstream all over your body to make your body grow.
      HGH is very important in the body. It is needed for children to grow normally. It helps make sure there is enough muscle and fat in the body. It keeps our bones healthy.
      Buy Rybelsus online, Rybelsus tablets
      You can order for wegovy at our online pharmacy
      Check for the prices of 0.25mg, 0.5mg and 1mg at our online pharmacy and buy ozempic.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches