Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hernia Surgery with Port Replacement

Well Im finally going in Dec. 22nd to get my leaky port replaced. He is putting it under a Hernia surgery and while hes in there he will replace my leaky port. My question is.. Has anyone had Hernia surgery? and if so what was it like? It will be a few days before Christmas and I dont want to be in to much pain. But I guess if I have to it will be worth it in the end. Thanks for any information!

Hi Trish!

I've had several hernia surgeries over the years. Most times they sent me home the same day. Only when I had multiple hernias did I stay longer.

I don't think the pain was any worse than the band surgery. I ended up putting a pillow on my abdomen when i tried to get up. That seemed to help me with the pain.

Good luck. I'll be thinking of you.

I'm glad that he isn't making you wait too long. It sucks that he is doing it a few days before Cmas, but at least he is doing SOMETHING to help you.

You know how I feel about him, so he had better be doing right by you. GGRRR.

Maureen, Thanks for the info. Im not to scared anymore... I know its small I can feel only a tiny bump so hopefully it isnt to bad.

Kelly, I know a few days before Christmas seems harsh but it was really my idea to have it then.. with this semester of school ending and next semester of school starting on the 9th of Jan... and my Dr. only getting every other 2 weeks at that hospital it was the only time... I hope my recovery wont interfear with my Christmas.

hey trish is Dr. Smith doing the surgery..............and what did she mean by "You know how I feel about him" was she referring to Dr. Smith? and are you having that done here in pueblo? I hope everything goes well and that it doesn't interfere to much with your holiday celebrations!

Take care

Carrrie

Pat, it could happen from surgery... I was one of the lucky ones... I have something called Tubbler Tubbicle... somthing like that Hernia so its not like your normal lifting something heavy type...

Carrie, Yeah.. Dr. Smith is the best Dr. I have had... he is the sweetest and most understanding.. but Him and I have had problems.. like I have been the biggest he did the surgery on.. and now this... it had been non stop with Dr. Smith and me... I will say he is the only Dr. I will give a hug too on my way out!!! and I love his smile!!! hehehe (you know what i mean) hehe

hey trish is Dr. Smith doing the surgery..............and what did she mean by "You know how I feel about him" was she referring to Dr. Smith? and are you having that done here in pueblo? I hope everything goes well and that it doesn't interfere to much with your holiday celebrations!

Take care

Carrrie

Opps, Yeah BTW I am having the surgery done in Pueblo... I will be there the 22nd or 21st.. not sure.. I will be at Health South Surgery Center.. off 101 I think... I will be there 8:00am on the 22nd and maybe until 23rd ... you are more then welcome to stop by Carrie.. I would love to see you! Take Care!

Trish

thanks for the info and my prayers to you.....so when you say biggest meaning heaviest he has done the surgery on? What kind of probelms have you had with him???

I can't believe he poked your port, I was so afraid on my first fill that he was going to poke a hole in mine..........because me port tipped and he could'nt find it, I mean wow 6 pokes and three needles later I was a wreck when I left there that day.....didnt really hurt but was very traumatic laying there for about 4 hours(because he got held over in surgery ) doing a half sit up while he poked and proded at me.....something I will never forget!!! But the bright side of all that was that I now stand for my fills and he finds it on the first shot .....AMEN to that!!!! well I had my surgery done at health sout it is a great place!! May be I will stop ion on ya (if I'm not working that day!!

TAlk again soon!!

Carrie

Trish

May be I will stop ion on ya (if I'm not working that day!!

TAlk again soon!!

Carrie

Hey that will be great! I will tell them you might stop by and my husband will know... just in case they give you hasle.. dont know if they would.. But again It will be great to have some support from another bandster.

Problems I have had with Dr. Smith and my surgery is.... a 2 hour surgery Pain in my stomach which he thought he cut a nerve, numbness in leg from being on the table to long, now my leak and hernia. I guess they all arent that bad considering it could so much worse... but I just want to be normal.

I will be at Health South at 8:30 am on Dec. 22nd (Thursday) and I might have to stay over night.. It will be nice to meet you..