Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

? for Dr Kwon's Pts

Hello,

I have a question for those of you who were banded by Dr Kwon.

This is a question I am asking more for my husband in the event he decides to get the banding, as I am set with my workups being almost completed with Danbury hospital, and my date set.

Does Dr Kwon have his own set of Dr.s for you to see or can you choose your own for workups. The traveling to Danbury was a little tiring as I had to use their Drs. Thanks!

Kristine

Hi Kristine,

Dr Kwon basically handles everything himself, Although he is opening another office in the middletown Area in Feb and Another doctor is suppose to join the practice..When you go to get checked up we usually see Barbara or Carolyn (nurse practitioners)? Dr Kwon is a Great doctor..I love his office staff..

As for the Pre-op appts. He does have a list of doctors recommended to see however if you want to see your own cardiologist, ETC you CAN however dr kown recommends his doctors..

Kristen

I personally used all the doctors that Dr Kwons office suggested, only because I didn't trust anyone else to follow thru like they would. I assumed they all had a working relationship and knew what to expect out of each other and my whole process only took a few weeks. I went in for my initial visit in Feb and had my surgery by May~~~ Actually all the pre op stuff started on March 1....because I was changing insurance companies,so technically I was done in a little under two months~~ With insurance approval and surgery date scheduled!!!

Good luck!!!

I'm glad I checked here! I was wondering about pre-op testing. I am 3 1/2 hours away from his office and IF he would accept my insurance, I'm seriously considering going to him. I have nobody in my area that is very experienced with the band. I just feel experience is the key to success in surgery.

I would like to see doctors locally for the testing if I end up travelling. I need to check into my insurance more to see if Dr. Kwon participates.

For those of you that have had him, how does he do fills?

Thanks!

Guest kennycycles

I am pre op and currently working through all the testing and I am using all of my doctors and not dr kwons and they had no problem with that.

Kenny

I did all my pre-op testing at home, only thing I had to have psych eval. with one from Dr.Kwon's list.