Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any Bandsters in Oklahoma City?

Hi all!! I'm moving to Oklahoma City/Edmond in a few weeks (from Nebraska)! I'm going to be in need of a new doctor, support group, gym & trainer. Are there any bandsters in the OKC area that could recommend any of the above to me? Also, if you're in the market for a "buddy" I'd be up for that too!

Thanks!!

hey! Welcome to Oklahoma soon! My doctor is from Wichita Falls, TX...which is about 2 hours from you but he is phenomenal...Dr. Warnock...however...I do know my friend's doc was in Norman. (which is 30 minutes away)

Thanks for suggestion. I know Norman is close, I might have to check that out. I'm really concerned about the gym/trainer situation. I need someone who knows what they are doing. I wanna look like a whole new me by time I see all my old friends/family in Nebraska at Christmas!

I'm in Lawton which is about an hour from the city. My doctor is in Wichita Falls, Tx- Dr Finnell. Sorry I'm not any other help...

I'm in Oklahoma City and was banded 4/20/10 by Dr. Gornichec. Support group is 1st Sat of the month and 3rd Tuesday. I'm very pleased so far. Email me or send me a note if you want more info. Support group is at Integris Hospital on NW Expressway and I'd be more than happy to meet you there to show you the way to the group:thumbup:

Hi Fluffy! Good to see you on here. My wife and I live in Edmond and were just banded in Jan. and March of this year. You'll find that this area has 3 major weight loss centers- Edmond's Weight Wise, the Norman center (not sure of it's name) , and the the OK lap band center at St. Anthony's. (This is in downtown OKC)

My wife and I both see Dr. Tim Eldridge at St. Anthony's. Website: Timothy J. Eldridge, MD & Svein M. Holsaeter, MD :: Home I can't say enough about the staff and him as a surgeon. I would definitely recommend him.

Let me know if you need any other info...

GZ

Ah I used to live in Edmond and the gym I went to was very nice and 24 hours very clean and their trainers worked with me well. If anything you should go get a tour of the place I loved it but now I live in Cali I miss my favorite places there :)

Oh yes sorry for the double post but it's Aspen gym just woke up :)

Oh yes sorry for the double post but it's Aspen gym just woke up :lol:

Thanks for the recommendation - Moo!

Welcome to Oklahoma! My Dr is Dr. Gornichec and I love him. His staff is amazing. They also have a partnership with a gym called Pacer. I think is what it is called. They have exercise consultants there. I don't get to use it b/c I live in Stillwater but I so would if I lived close. He is is located in Integris Baptist. I have had a wonderful experience with him. Hope you enjoy Oklahoma!!!!

Thanks for the recommendation - Moo!

:lol: no problem at all

Hello. I was just recently banded by Dr. Tim Eldridge in Oct 2013. Very excited and already seeing some decent results. Looking for people to connect with and meet some fellow banders.