Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Getting banded tomorrow Dec 2 2005

well, i was suppossed to get banded today and it was postponed due to an emergency that came in...so i am scheduled for tomorrow at 730am

i am so nervous and scared. right now i feel like i could just call the doc and call the whole thing off. i know in my heart this is what i need to do....but it has taken so much out of me emotionally.....

any words of wisdom for the nervousness the night before would be appreciated. i keep trying to think that tomorrow at this time it will be all over and i will be snug in my bed...it dosn't help

wish me luck : )

Hang in there! It is normal to have nerves right now. Give yourself a full week or 2 to recover and start feeling better and you will glad you took this step.

The scariest part is when you change into the gown and goofy hat. After that, you get the good drugs and then you're awake. Yes, it goes that fast. Take a deep breath and jump. We'll be waiting for you on the other side in bandland!

Hang in there! Distract yourself with something you enjoy, and then, pretty soon, it will all be over! Be sure to post here when you get back from surgery....take it easy, don't expect to feel like a million bucks right off the bat, and feel proud of yourself for making a life-enhancing decision! I'll be thinking about you! Cindy

If you're not a little nervous...you're crazy. Seriously, we all went through the emotional roller coaster. I'll be praying for you tomorrow! You'll find the strength that you need, and the docs are going to work flawlessly. You'll be sitting in recovery in no time flat!

God bless you!

Jon

thank you all for your kind words...i am getting ready to leave for the hospital now...i don't think i slept an hour all night long!!!

i will check back in when i am able

...life..here i come!!!

You will be feeling better in no time! I will be thinking of you today as you go in for surgery. I hope yours goes as smoothly as mine did just 10 days ago... I already feel back to normal and am moving forward with my new life as a bandster.

Hope to hear from you soon,

Amy

thank you all for the wonderful thoughts and prayers. i am home and feeling pretty terrific. i got to the hospital yesterday at 615...was being prepped by 6:35, and on my way to the operating room by 730.

i got a bit emotional when my family came in..they gave me something (don't know what it was) and it calmed my nerves right down...i will find out what it is cause it was wonderful.

suddenly i was in the operating room and the doc was talking to me...next thing i remember is being in recovery.

i was released at 4 that evening (could have been released before but my doc was in another surgery till then). i was up walking and sipping Water by noon.

had some touble sleeping last night, but overall feel okay. i am drinking Water only right now. i am afraid of anything else...if you have any suggestions of what goes down well the day after, would appreciate it.

i have 4 very little incisions. my doctor was amazing. i will try to take a pic and post for you.

more later!! : )