Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

this is way harder than I thought

I am on day 5 post op and I am down a total of 21lbs(i only lost 6 in pre op because I cheated a little). This diet isn't getting any easier and I am not looking forward to pureed meats. Can you have fish that isn't pureed as long as its not fried? I have an appointment in 3 days and I am wondering how long until your first fill? I am just feeling way down. Any responses are welcomed. :smile:

You STOP that right now!!!!! You have lost 21 POUNDS. That is AWESOME! In just 5 days. You are being WAY to hard on your self. Remember how long it took you to get where you were before your surgery? The weight will come off over time. Also, remember, the Lapband is a tool, not a miracle worker. Hang in there and hold your head up with PRIDE!!

you are doing so good.

i was on pureed food for only 2 days........i figured i could puree it with my teeth......so i took small bites, chewed and chewed and never had a problem.

keep up the good work.

I am on day 5 post op and I am down a total of 21lbs(i only lost 6 in pre op because I cheated a little). This diet isn't getting any easier and I am not looking forward to pureed meats. Can you have fish that isn't pureed as long as its not fried? I have an appointment in 3 days and I am wondering how long until your first fill? I am just feeling way down. Any responses are welcomed. :smile:

Marc, Cheer Up, you have made a very positive step in your health and at a much younger age than most of us do. I am 50 years old, I have a son your age and I have just now gotten fed up enough to take a step like this. I wasn't always fat, and the largest I have been is 278, but over the years I have been on every weight loss plan you can imagine, including medifast, HCG, and hypnosis (to name a few of the less common). I was banded on 6/30/2010, and I am only down 13 lbs. 5 of which are from the pre-op diet. Now I know guys tend to lose weight faster, and the larger you are you tend to have faster drops in the beginning too, but 21 lbs is amazing, I mean WOW! As far as food goes, talk to your Dr. when you go in, tell him how you are feeling. Have you had any problems so far? When I went to my first post-op appointment I told my Dr. I was getting realy hunger and he told me this phase was known as "Bandster Hell" because we have had the surgery but none of the benifits of the fills yet. Now my Dr. seems to move at a faster rate than some other Drs. on here seem to, but mine gave me to go ahead to progress to regular foods at that point. He just cautioned me to chew everything really well, eat slowly and stay away from starchy carbs, so I would continue to lose weight. Oh, and this is very important, make sure to get enough protien in, only eat when you are hungry,and if something makes you throw-up stay away from it. I left his office on day 8 post-op, and stopped on my way home and bought a side order of bourbon chicken from a WOK place, I just ordered the chicken no rice or anything, and that single bowl lasted me threw 3 meals, I would eat a little of the chicken and something else like a yogurt or some well cooked veggies with it, and things have gotten much easier for me. The truth is I also had my first PBing episode after about the third bite of the chicken, but after that I have learned that well chewed REALLY MEANS "chew it until it disintegrates." At 5 days post-op I would immagine you are on a "full' liquid diet, which in my Drs. deffinition includes anything that could be sucked threw a straw (but don't use a straw). That includes creamy Soups, either strained or blended so their are no chunks in it, and yogurt, blended no fruit chunks, even mashed potatoes and gravy, as long as they are not too thick. When I started eating these thicker items I felt much more satisfied, plus they tasted more like a real meal than Jello and juice. As far as when you can have a first fill, that is up to your Dr. but mine usually waits 4 weeks post-op, and many Drs. wait 6 weeks. Since I am going on vacation right at my 4 week date, I will probably wait until I get back which will be just over 6 weeks. The most important thing is talk to your Dr. and get support, on here or if they have one threw a support group your Drs. office may have or be able to suggest for you. DO NOT GET DISCOURAGED !!! You are doing GREAT!

Marc...that is a GREAT start! You are going to be so in love with your band soon! I am wearing sizes I haven't seen most of my adult life!! I am off medicines I was on. It's only food...this other stuff is OH YEA!!!