Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Just had sugery and want to share!

Just had my surgery on July 7! Started a blog to share my story. Maybe I can help ease someone's fear or answer questions. If your interested it's The Beginning...... Check it out!!!! :smile:

Your blogging does give great in sight,I thought that I would be able to tele-work the next day after surgery but my wife said that I would not be able too because of the pain. The question is if I was in bed working, would I get anything done?:smile:

Hey Sweety! Good luck with your surgery! I hope everything goes smoothly but honestly take it easy for a couple of days after the surgery. Listen to your body. REST. My pain med was my best friend for 3 days after my surgery but everyone is different. I know some people who never took anything and didn't need it. So lucky.....Just take care of yourself!!!!!

I'll take it easy as you recommend and let nature take it's course. :smile:

i will keep up with how you are doing--thanks for sharing.. I hopefully will be banded in August :)

I just read your blog. Firstly, thanks for sharing. I am awaiting surgery in a couple of months and it is good to know what it is really like. So many of the patient stories on the doctors websites have people saying that the pain is very minimal. Its nice to know that that may not be the case so I can plan for it. I have two little girls aged 6 & 7 so now that I have read your blog, I will organise someone to have them for a few days post surgery as before I was planning on just doing it all myself. Keep blogging as I certainly will keep reading:thumbup:

OMG!!! Thank you so much for sharing your surgery day journey! That helped so much! You try to take it easy until you completly heal.

Thank you again for sharing!

Just had my surgery on July 7! Started a blog to share my story. Maybe I can help ease someone's fear or answer questions. If your interested it's The Beginning...... Check it out!!!! :tt2:

i am preparing for lap band. I have a lot of medicial problems. I was wondering if you knew what the percent rating are for infection.

Just completed the last medical evaluation with the doctor,nurse,dietician, PCP, and sleep person. Cleared and all full speed ahead. This time and day next week I will be banded. 15 June my weight was 325 and as of today 294. My motto is give it all or not at all:thumbup:

i am preparing for LAP-BAND®. I have a lot of medicial problems. I was wondering if you knew what the percent rating are for infection.

Not sure of the exact percentage but I can tell you that the rate of success with the lapband is greater than the complications of lapband.