Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

6 months banded and having pain

I have been banded for six months now and have very little problem. Of course the post surgery was painful however since then I have not had pains until now. I think I am having gas pains and not sure why. i am not eating or drinking differently. My pain is straight in the middle of my abdomin below the ribcage and in my middle and lower back. Sometimes it makes it hard to breath (heavy weighted). Nothing seems to help, it is so painful at times all I can do is double over and cry. I remind myself that it is gas pains and will eventually go away. Does anyone have any suggestions? Does anyone have any ideas of why this is happening now? I am miserable.

I have been banded for six months now and have very little problem. Of course the post surgery was painful however since then I have not had pains until now. I think I am having gas pains and not sure why. i am not eating or drinking differently. My pain is straight in the middle of my abdomin below the ribcage and in my middle and lower back. Sometimes it makes it hard to breath (heavy weighted). Nothing seems to help, it is so painful at times all I can do is double over and cry. I remind myself that it is gas pains and will eventually go away. Does anyone have any suggestions? Does anyone have any ideas of why this is happening now? I am miserable.

The pain sounds like when I had gallblader stones. You should not let it go too long with out getting it checked out. Look up the symtons of Gallstones.

Good luck.

:smile:

Edited by lv2bgoing

I agree - sounds like Gallstones. I had intense pain, tight chest, aching back and stabbing pain under my rib cage slightly to the right. They couldn't find any stones and then later found the bile duct had become infected, the pain was horrible - so I whole heartedly agree with lv2bgoing, get it checked sooner rather than later. Worst case scenario - need an operation but it is very simple, little pain and immediate results :-) goodluck

thank-you for the replies.

Unfortunately, that is what i was thinking too. A year ago I had similar problems for about two weeks. they thought it was my gall bladder at that time however they didn't see any stones so they chalked it up the acid reflux.

I have made an appointment. I plan on mentioning the duct. I can not handle anymore episodes. I almost took myself to the emergency room last night.

Again thank-you

glad you made an appointment!! I was going to say it sounds just like my gallbladder pain when I had it. Horrible pain, woke me up too often and even had me crumbled on the floor. If it is gallbladder get that sucker out asap! :-) good luck

thank-you for the replies.

Unfortunately, that is what i was thinking too. A year ago I had similar problems for about two weeks. they thought it was my gall bladder at that time however they didn't see any stones so they chalked it up the acid reflux.

I have made an appointment. I plan on mentioning the duct. I can not handle anymore episodes. I almost took myself to the emergency room last night.

Again thank-you

I am glad you made an appointment.

I woke up at 2 in the morning and My husband had to take me to the emergency room because the pain was so bad.

They had to do a urltasound on me to see the stones. I had it out in 4 days after they found the stones because one was in the duct or about to go in the duct. That can be very dangerous. Good luck and let us know what happens with you.:)

Well I went to my appointment. Actually I took myself to the emergency room five hours before my appointment because it hurts so bad. You all were right. I have gallstones. I will be having surgery next Monday.

Thank-you for reading my original post and giving me direction. Sometimes it is hard to see if it is just your band working or is there something wrong. When I got bloated I thought that is what it felt like to be full. It will be interesting when I don't have that bloating feeling and have to find the full feeling.

thank-you again.