Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

i think something is wrong with my band and i am really worried .. please help

.. i had my surgery 22nd of february ..

16cc band

lost 9 kgs in the first month ..

had first fill 4cc end f march

second fill 2cc end of april ..

since then i lost 9 more kilos ..

so 18 kgs (39 lbs) in 4 months

i went to have my third fill as i lost alot of abdominal fat and i feel i can eat more ..was partially restricted too

2 weeks ago i felt little tension in my port site ..wasnt a big deal

went today so the dr wanted to make sure there is no leak .. and wanted to unfill . the whole cc in the band then fill it again ..

but he couldnt get in .. after trying .. he found out it was partially flipped .. i read this happens in some people after losing abdominal fat

so he could reach it if i sleep on my right side and ..removed all 6 cc

then started filling again .. i choked .. and vomited even Water afterward

he had to remove 2cc so now i have only 4cc in the band and i feel water while passing ..on Fluid diet right now

how come i cant withstand the same 6 cc that were previously in the band??? what changed after the unfill !!

then now will 4 cc be enough

and afterwards .. do i have to go to a surgery for the flip thing??

i am having barium meal after tomorooow .. and he wants to check the placement of the band

i hope someone help me

i am really distressed

jasmine :cool:

I had concerns about my band leaking and I told my fill nurse (who is banded) that I wanted to take it out and check it. She told me she would, if I really wanted to, but it would cause swelling and probably make an unfill necessary so I didn't do it. That is what probably happened to you, its probably just temporary swelling.

The port may flip back, if not I think its pretty easy to fix. Just a local anesthetic shot and a few stitches done at the Dr's office, not a surgery.

I bet everything is fine, he is probably just double checking everything.

I had concerns about my band leaking and I told my fill nurse (who is banded) that I wanted to take it out and check it. She told me she would, if I really wanted to, but it would cause swelling and probably make an unfill necessary so I didn't do it. That is what probably happened to you, its probably just temporary swelling.

The port may flip back, if not I think its pretty easy to fix. Just a local anesthetic shot and a few stitches done at the Dr's office, not a surgery.

I bet everything is fine, he is probably just double checking everything.

omg thankssssssssss i was so worried ..hopefully it wont need a new surgery

my dr said the same ..i wanted to make sure

its probably a swelling ..

so now i ll have to fill up the 2cc again ? and add maybe 1 cc more to get the target restriction ??

with 6cc i felt partial restriction and i was taking care

wanted to reach the sweet phase .. and lose more so wanted another fill ..

or now i can be ok with only 4cc in the band

Besides that you are doing well with your weight loss, you will be 20 weeks on Monday, and have lost 39 pounds which is basically 2 pounds a week. That is on the good side for being banded, most Dr's say to lose 1-2 pounds a week is normal. So I guess you would shoot for a little less than a kg a week but even if you only lost half a kg a week you would still be in the normal range.

There is no telling where your sweet spot will be, on my last fill I thought I had no restriction but 10 days later it kicked in and it has been perfect every since. You just have to take it a little at a time.

Good luck, and keep up the good work, your doing well.

Besides that you are doing well with your weight loss, you will be 20 weeks on Monday, and have lost 39 pounds which is basically 2 pounds a week. That is on the good side for being banded, most Dr's say to lose 1-2 pounds a week is normal. So I guess you would shoot for a little less than a kg a week but even if you only lost half a kg a week you would still be in the normal range.

There is no telling where your sweet spot will be, on my last fill I thought I had no restriction but 10 days later it kicked in and it has been perfect every since. You just have to take it a little at a time.

Good luck, and keep up the good work, your doing well.

thnx for ur help

i really appreciate it

i think my loss is ok too

i havent lost in 2 weeks now thats why i had the fill

now ill wait for the barium meal and see that everything is fine and wait for the fill to work .. then may have another fill to reach an adequate restriction

god .. this is hard and need patience .. :smile:

thanks again