Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Can't wait for my first fill.

Had my surgery on June 11 and I have graduated to normal foods again and I have been oh so good to not eat crapola. It is challenging though because I feel like I am just dieting like everyone else who does not have a band. I eat my 4 oz of Protein, etc and will still be hungry and want more but I tell myself no and just walk away. I know a fill should help this right?

Well my doc is out of town for the whole month and because I am taking a cruise mid next month, they told me that I need to just wait until when I return (early September) to get my first fill. Argh. I am really needing motivation so that I can continue being a good lap bander until then. It is tough since I am hardly losing at all though. Maybe I just picked a bad time to have this done. Doc on vacation and then me on vacation.....:)

That is too bad you have to wait so long for a fill- but you can do it! That is great you are eating right. You will see the scale move for sure. Excersise would be great to add, if you haven't already- and it helps with hunger. Remember why you did this, keep that goal in mind when you are deciding what to eat. Of course, keeping busy helps a lot too. If you stick to the program you are well on your way to a brand new, healthier, life.

As far as your first fill, just know that it doesn't always cause restriction. It took me 3 fills to get there.

Best wishes on your journey!

A fill is a relatively simple procedure. You don't need to have it done by your doctor. Of you are willing to go to someone else for your fill you could have it done before you go on that cruise. If not, that is a very long time to be without any restriction.

A fill is a relatively simple procedure. You don't need to have it done by your doctor. Of you are willing to go to someone else for your fill you could have it done before you go on that cruise. If not, that is a very long time to be without any restriction.

They told me that the doc does all first fills and I could do it in early August, but then they were worried about filling it and then something getting stuck while on the cruise. I thought the same thing - can't someone else just do it while he is out? But they said not on the first one. So weird.

I know it is not fun to wait, because you are wanting that fill so badly. But it is best to wait.

I postponed my first fill due to a cruise as well. I had my surgery Feb 15 and did not get my first fill until early May. I was upset at the time, but understood how bad it would be to get a fill and be outside of my doctor's reach for two weeks.

Having since then gone through being over filled and needing to be unfilled, I can truly understand why my doctor thought it best that I wait for my first fill.

Go on your cruise and enjoy it. You don't want to be worried about having a problem with your band while on vacation. When I was overfilled, it did not become clear immediately that I had a problem. It can take a while before we know that we need to be seen.

Best wishes for this time of "Bandster Hell"....but please do enjoy your vacation!