Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I have been very VERY bad about not really exercising. I was banded 2 months ago and it's time to get off my rear and start doing something. I had been doing a little swimming every once in a while, but I really need to get into a routine. So...does anyone have any great exercise ideas for someone who HATES exercising, hates to sweat, is somewhat lazy and had bad knees? :grouphug:

Once banded, I plan to sign up for Zumba. It is a type of aerobic exercise that incoporates dance steps with aerobic activity to music and I've heard rave reviews about it. People who are doing it say they are so focused on the dance moves they are learning, that they don't really think of it so much as exercise. I've also heard as far as impact goes, that it is the equivalent of cardio kickboxing.

I already do Water aerobics twice a week, but need something a bit more active/more impact.

Blessings, Michelle

I recently bought a bike. I like the alone time I get riding and seeing the different sights along the way. I will say that I don't enjoy headwinds though but the majority of my rides make up for it. I find it a lot better than riding on stationary cycles at the gym but I do like doing the elliptical machine (which isn't so hard on knees). If you're not interested in biking, just go out and walk for 15 minutes. Find a nice walking trail in your area and you may find that your 15 minutes was a lot longer.

Once banded, I plan to sign up for Zumba. It is a type of aerobic exercise that incoporates dance steps with aerobic activity to music and I've heard rave reviews about it. People who are doing it say they are so focused on the dance moves they are learning, that they don't really think of it so much as exercise. I've also heard as far as impact goes, that it is the equivalent of cardio kickboxing.

I already do Water aerobics twice a week, but need something a bit more active/more impact.

Blessings, Michelle

Zumba is so much fun. If you have the right instructor it can be a serious workout that you don't notice until it's over. My teenager and I will still break out the moves we did in that class when we hear certain song.

Zumba is HOT!!!!

Swimming is great, you won't sweat and it's easy on the knees. I would start out slow and gradually increase your duration and intensity. Whatever you decide to do- get moving, it will really help your weight loss.