Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Biggest Losers!!

I love that show! It makes me cry watching how successful they were....except the one gal who didn't really lose that much. She wasn't smiling and happy like the rest. I was so pulling for Suzy but loved all three finalists. They look absolutely phenomenal and many of them weighed more than me when they started. Makes me want to jump on my treadmill!

They all looked great and the ladies were so Tiny compared to how they started. But who won at the end? Missed that

Oh that is to cool -- I love a guy who shows emotions - I could not forgot the week that the scale did not move and he was just at a loss and broke down. Though it was sad you could see how it really affects not only him but us.

The only thing about the show last night that i didn't like was when caroline ray kept saying remember these people didn't take the easy way out, they didn't have any type of surgery or anything just old fashioned exercise and diet. Well most people can't afford to take 3 + months off from work and have some one there pushing them 24 hours a day and have that be the only thing people can concentrate on. Being a 'normal' person and having every day stresses, living mostly week to week on my paycheck and hoping for insurace approval to give me the tool i need to help me better myself and not being able to take off that much time from my life and responsibilities to devote to my weight.

sorry for venting but i have had this on my mind since those words came out of her mouth at the beginning of the show.

Guest ASPHALT ANGEL

I agree with you Becca about Caroline Ray and her "easy way out " comemnt. Everyone thinks you just go get this surgery and it will make you skinny. What they don't know is that you have to work your ass of for every pound you lose and you have to be able to watch what you eat. But people who have never had this type of surgery or have never looked into it extensively are very shallow minded about how it all works. If you ask me the contestants on the show have it alot easier than we do. We don't have a $250,000.00 incentive to lose weight and we don't have personal trainers riding our ass 7 days a week and we don't have someone preparing healthy meals for us to eat. But I guess if Caroline Ray thinks it is the "easy way" then maybe she should try it herself......she, herself could lose a few pounds and tone up, and maybe even a boob job.

Just me venting a litle here.........lol

The only thing about the show last night that i didn't like was when caroline ray kept saying remember these people didn't take the easy way out, they didn't have any type of surgery or anything just old fashioned exercise and diet.

I mentioned to my "boss" (the district superintendent of the district where I'm a UMC pastor) that I had WLS back in January, and she said, "Oh, I knew you were losing weight, but I just assumed you were working hard." I told her, "You have no idea how hard I *have* been working" and left it at that.

That's what we face, and will face, probably for the rest of our lives.

The only thing about the show last night that i didn't like was when caroline ray kept saying remember these people didn't take the easy way out, they didn't have any type of surgery or anything just old fashioned exercise and diet. Well most people can't afford to take 3 + months off from work and have some one there pushing them 24 hours a day and have that be the only thing people can concentrate on.

I agree... believe me, if I was able to take the time off work and have a personalized diet/exercise program like they had, I wouldn't have had to get the band.

We bandsters work really hard also.

I agree... believe me, if I was able to take the time off work and have a personalized diet/exercise program like they had, I wouldn't have had to get the band.

There's something more to be said about this that nobody's saying -- probably because we're too nice, and we don't ever want to "rain on someone's parade". So, I'll use personal experience. I lost 100 lbs in 3 months, excercising about 4 hours a day, 7 hours a week of which was with a personal trainer. Every pound I lost was a pound I'd never gain back.

Then I gained them all back. Just like that, it was gone. I realize that nobody else here has ever had an experience like that. Oh, what? You have? You too? And you? Yeah, this is our life story. I'd wager good money that the majority of the people on this forum are perfectly capable of losing weight, and losing it fast. What we've all learned over the years, is that there's no point in losing the weight, because we're just going to put it back on. Maybe we don't verbalize that sentiment, and we certainly may have never vocalized it, but it's there, influencing every decision we make about whether or not to have cheesecake for dessert.

God bless these people on Biggest Loser (and everywhere) who have lost weight so quickly be devoting a significant amount of their lives to that sole effort. And may each of them find their way into the 5% of people who are able to lose significant weight and actually keep it off for more than a year. And they actually do have something that may keep them IN that 5% -- public (not to mention national, if not international) accountability.

So, please, not a single person here should be thinking "if I had 3 months and a personal trainer on a daily basis I could have lost the weight too". To me, that still feeds into the "I could have done this on my own" line of thought -- maybe not on the surface, but again, if the thought is there, the underlying quesiton may not be too far behind: "why couldn't I do this myself?"

We've selected a tool that is engineered for long term success. If there's one thing we've all learned it's that *losing* weight is the easier part of long term success.

That being said, I *love* "The Biggest Loser". It's very inspirational. I'm just betting that there will never be a reunion show.

Jonathan

I felt really sorry for the girl who hadn't lost very much. (Can't remember her name... but she came out in black w/ long sleeves.) She looked SO DISGUSTED w/ herself even tho everyone clapped & cheered. They MUST have paid her to come. I can't believe she would have shown up otherwise. I can tell ya if I'd been in that group and had to go for a reunion w/o a good loss there just isn't enough money that would make me show up.

I get seriously sick of all the ENTHUSIASM of these things. Thank you Jonathan for a little reality check. Sure, it's great to see the before & afters... but I found the before and after and before and after and before and after and before and after and before and after and before and after and before and after pictorial of Oprah they had in one of the mags a lot more like MY life!

... until now, of course.

:D

I think the Caroline might need to check into the program herself. She wasn't looking as thin as some of the losers were. Matter of fact, she was on the chunky side, LOL.

I agree with all of you! I have experienced the "easy way out" reaction from people and it can really take a bit of wind out of your sail. I was watching when Carol Ray said those words over and over... I think she needs to pick her words more carefully in the future.

I watch Matt on Regis and Kelly today, and he said he lost his job over doing this show... how many people can step out of their current occupation and take 3 months off without becoming the biggest loser when it comes to your home, car and any other debts you may be carrying on this journey of life? Great for him for making it work and coming out with a big cash prize, but for most normal people that could lead to personal disaster!!!

I am with Jonathan- I doubt their will be a reunion show. These people have been living to work out and eat like rabbits. As soon as they add back all the other stresses of life it will become harder. I sincerely want each one of them to be successful and keep the weight off long term, but how realistic is that?

I do love watching that show, but I think we as Bandsters need to let the producers know how offended we felt hearing that we have choosen "the easy way out". There are many of us along with gastric bypass patients that take the same offense with Carol's words.

Amy