Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Possible slippage

Hello all, I am scared to death. I just found out from Dr. Bertha that this persistent nighttime acid reflux is more than likely a slippage. I am going tomorrow to Morristown Radiology to have x rays and a swallow study done. I am so afraid of the possibility of losing my band. I know it sounds strange, but the band has changed my life completely, and I don't know what I would do without it. HELP!!

lets just hope its not a slippage

keep your chin up

goodluck tomorrow and make sure you let us know how you do

Don't lose hope. Jonathan's slip repaired itself after a complete unfill and a week of liquids. It's a miracle! They do happen. And a slip is generally repairable, not always, but generally. Keep us posted. This is a great board for support such as this. We want to know and we care!!!

Hang in there!!!! IS not over - there could be other reasons.

Good luck to you tomorrow!!!!! ANd even if it slipped - Jonathans just unslipped with little effort within a week or two. SO maybe just maybe it's not aweful news.

Jennifer, I was told the exact same thing by both Dr. Bertha and Dr. Abkin, twice. Last year Dr. Bertha was so sure he'd find a slip that he asked me how I'd feel having surgery over Christmas vacation. (Yikes!)

Both times the fluoroscope showed no slippage, no problems, everything in perfect position. I had persistent reflux for several weeks this past summer which was pretty bad at times, so I was very worried myself. But an unfill totally and immediately resolved the situation, and now months later the reflux has never returned. (Though I must say I'm a lot more careful than I used to be.)

My point is that these doctors have to keep us prepared to hear the bad news, but it doesn't necessarily mean there WILL be bad news. I know EXACTLY how you feel, I've been there myself. Try not to worry because stress can make things worse. Tomorrow morning, for better or worse, at least you'll have an answer. I know the prospect of an unfill may be unpleasant, but it's a whole lot better than any other option so DON'T be afraid to let them take out some saline. It will probably fix your reflux, and if you do have a slip it may even fix that.

Try not to worry! And please come back and let us know how it went. (And say HI to Dr. Bertha for me! :D )

Keep your chin up. I had all my fill removed in Oct and an upper GI done to rule out Slippage and Thank God that my Band was still in place. Nothing that previcide could not fix. Don't think of what if untill they tell you it is exactly that..