Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I got my lap band on 7/7/10.:lol:

Does anyone get that full feeling in your chest? The Protein Drinks are getting to be nasty.:grouphug:

However, I have been jazzing them up with cinnamon, almond extract, and real blueberries.

I also have very watery diarrhea, is this normal?confused.gif

Thanks, Eileen Velez

I was also banded on the 7th. yes i get that full/tightness in my chest all the way up to my throat. I had 2cc removed today but the feeling is still there.

From the lap band already? I am seeing my surgeon tomorrow and will certainly discuss this with her. Eileen

I was banded on the 8th. I get a full feeling sometimes if I drink too fast. I keep reminding myself to just sip---not gulp. There is no pain when it happens...just a little uncomfortable.

I was under the impression that most bands are inserted completely empty, until you are fully healed. I know mine is empty, and I don't get my first fill until a month out. Sorry about your discomfort Ruby.

Oh Eileen...I had watery diarrhea too, but I thought it was because I drank Milk of Magnesia. It only happened a few times yesterday. Today I feel constipated again.

I agree...the Protein shakes are getting a little old. The worst part is that they leave a thick coating in my mouth for a while after I drink them, and then give me nasty breath. I keep brushing my teeth, but my poor kids are still complaining. heehee

Jen Oleson

I had very watery stools for over a week and a half after surgery... Make sure you are getting enough fluids in or you can get dehydrated, I did and it sucked BIG time....

I am 14 days post op today, and I also have my first post op appointment today...So I will be talking to the doc about progressing my diet to soft foods...I know I got sick of Jello and popsicles when I was first banded, with in the first few days...

Good Luck and keep us posted....

Hi everyone, I saw my surgeon and her PA today. The band is put in without saline in it acc to the PA. Have to go back in a few months for that. Incisions look good, steri strips are off now.

My surgeon said to stop using the whey Protein Powder and CIB in milk to see if I am lactose intolerant. So I have been using Glucerna and EAS. She did not want to put me on immodium just yet. Also MD said it could be a result from all the antibiotics given after surgery.

I also take liquid Metformin :)(nasty tasting stuff) which gives you diarrhea anyway.

I had chest pains on the way home tonight and realized it is hunger pangs which stopped after I had an EAS and a cup of Rachel Ray's chicken broth for "supper.":thumbup:

It is so hard to sip slowly, I am using a very thin straw but still it is hard.

Surgeon said not to worry re getting enough Protein. I am managing around 50-60 grams a day so far.

That coating on the tongue is normal too, I had to use my electric toothbrush to get it off.

Thanks, Eileen

My nutritionist suggested using breath strips for the bad taste and breath. Hope this helps.

The bad breath could also be from your body being in a state of keytosis and sometimes a toothbrush wont fix it. You can buy bad breath pills that are tiny green gel pills and easy to swallow and it will attack the smell from your tummy where the bacteria is!:(