Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

am I getting enough exercise?

Hi all!

I have a question.... I am preband, and am currently on my 6 month diet plan. I have been doing Water aerobics evrday morning and twice a week in the evenings, but am worried if I am doing enough exercise? I have been pretty sedentary for the the past 3 years, and the water aerobics are pretty much the only type of of exercise that I can do successfully right now.

I can feel that that I am getting the exercise, because my muscles are telling me, but is it enough to help me lose weight?

Is there anyone out there that does only water aerobics, or any other simple exercising routine, and finds that they are losing weight?

I am pre surgery. I started lap swimming about 18 months ago as a way to loose weight I have a knee problem and weight bearing exercise was an issue. I am not really a class person. The thing about lap swiming is if you slow down you just stop and it's clear you are'nt working very hard. Anyway in a year of swimming and trying to make better food choices but not succeding very well (bringing lean cuisine for lunch, but otherwise eating what I wanted) I lost 30 pounds. In the last 6 months very much dieting and preparing for surgery I have lost another 47 pounds. I make a serious effort to swim 7 days a week. My biggest recommendation is to buy a Water proof MP3 player. Makes all the difference in the world. You can find them on Amazon.< /p>

I walk and once in a while I'll break into a jog.

I do this 45 - 90 minutes a day.

Early on I was told to walk at least 150 minutes a week and break it up however I wanted.

I was walking 30 minutes a day, 5 days a week and dropping weight at a great rate.

So, you have to decide whether the aerobics are equivalent to walking. If so, it sounds like you are getting plenty of exercise.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• buildabetteranna

I have my final approval from my insurance, only thing holding up things is one last x-ray needed, which I have scheduled for the fourth of next month, which is my birthday.

· 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • BetterLeah

Woohoo! I have 7 more days till surgery, So far I am already down a total of 20lbs since I started this journey. 
      · 1 reply
      1. NeonRaven8919

Well done! I'm 9 days away from surgery! Keep us updated!

• Ladiva04

Hello,
      I had my surgery on the 25th of June of this year. Starting off at 117 kilos.😒
      · 1 reply
      1. NeonRaven8919

Congrats on the surgery!

• Sandra Austin Tx

I’m 6 days post op as of today. I had the gastric bypass 
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • RacMag  »  bhogue925

Hi, I’m new here. I’m currently on the liver shrinking diet. So far so good, but I have to say I haven’t found a protein shake I like. Anyone have any suggestions please? My surgery date is September 17th. 
      · 2 replies
      1. BlondePatriotInCDA

Fairlife Core are by far the best. They taste just as they are - chocolate milk. You can either get the 26 grams or the 42 grams (harder to find and more expensive). For straight protein look at Bulksuppliments.com ..they have really good whey proteins and offer auto ship plus they test for purity. No taste or smell...

2. BlondePatriotInCDA

Fairlife has strawberry, vanilla and of course chocolate. No more calories than other protein drinks. Stay away from Premiere, they're dealing with lawsuits due to not being honest about protein content.

• Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches