Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Do I need a little unfill?

About 3-4 weeks ago, I had my 3rd fill. My doctor is not big on letting me know how many cc's I have. But they did tell me that the 3rd fill puts you up to 6 cc's in a 10 cc band. Yesterday morning (about 2 1/2 hours after I got up), I couldn't even drink room temperature green tea. I've noticed that cold cold drinks kind of hurt. So I went to get coffee, and it helped. Well, this morning, even my coffee didn't go down well. It just sat in my chest and hurt. So I started sliming a little bit. I went to the bathroom and made my slime come up. A little bit of coffee came, but mostly mucus. Do you think I need to go have a little bit of an unfill? I don't like having to drink coffee. Ever since I have had to start doing that, my weight loss has completely stalled. Plus, I'm a big Breakfast eater, and I hate not being able to eat breakfast! Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!

I would call the doc. office and tell them about what's going on. They should be able to tell you what the next step is.

Sounds like you need a little unfill. I am really tight in the morning but if I couldn't drink, I'd be at the surgeon's door the minute his office opened.

About 3-4 weeks ago, I had my 3rd fill. My doctor is not big on letting me know how many cc's I have. But they did tell me that the 3rd fill puts you up to 6 cc's in a 10 cc band. Yesterday morning (about 2 1/2 hours after I got up), I couldn't even drink room temperature green tea. I've noticed that cold cold drinks kind of hurt. So I went to get coffee, and it helped. Well, this morning, even my coffee didn't go down well. It just sat in my chest and hurt. So I started sliming a little bit. I went to the bathroom and made my slime come up. A little bit of coffee came, but mostly mucus. Do you think I need to go have a little bit of an unfill? I don't like having to drink coffee. Ever since I have had to start doing that, my weight loss has completely stalled. Plus, I'm a big breakfast eater, and I hate not being able to eat breakfast! Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!

You do need a slight unfill. Call your doctor and arrange for one. You need to be able to eat and drink with the band.

But I am equally concerned with your doctor not being "big on letting you know" how many cc's are in the fill or how many you have total. You ABSOLUTELY have the right to know this and I would be suspicious of the secrecy. If you want to know and your doctor won't tell you, then you need to question your doctor or maybe find a new one.

Yes--if you're having difficulty with liquids, it sounds like an unfill is a good idea.

Thanks yall!! Since it is the weekend, I am going to see how it goes. If this is still giving me problems, I will be calling Monday morning for an unfill.

Cleo's Mom...he will tell me if I ask. His reasoning is because he has had patients that know each other compare their level of fill and think they need to be tighter/looser because so and so has this many cc's in their band. I asked how many I was getting when I got my 2nd fill, and that is when they told me that the 3rd fill will put me at 6 cc's. But I do agree with you that if he was unwilling to tell me, that would not be good!

About a week ago I was in the same place. I couldn't even get liquids down in the am, by late afternoon, I could drink, but couldn't get solids down. I called and went in to have half of the previous fill pulled out. (they had put in .5 so I had .25 taken out, now I can eat and drink everything and I need to get a small fill. She said if I did need a fill on the 21st they would put in half of what they took out.

I just had a fill this past Friday. My doctor and I decided to put in a full cc of Fluid. During my past fills, the most we've ever put in has been .6cc. I believe that this last fill put me around 6.5-7.0ccs in a 10cc band. After a fill, my doctor has me drink some Water to make sure that it goes down alright. I could feel restriction and the Water went down fine. I stayed on liquids for the rest of the day and mushies for the rest of the weekend.

Unfortunately, I have thrown up 2x and have had chronic, mild heartburn since Saturday. :thumbup: I can only eat about 3 bites of anything solid and then I feel very full for hours and hours. Normally, that would be a good thing, but I can't eat enough to maintain a normal blood sugar level and I keep bottoming out. I am going to call my doctor first thing Monday morning and go in to have .1-.2ccs removed. :thumbup:

Sweetbean, I hoped the slight unfill helped!!!

They took out .5 cc's, which is half of my last fill. I feel so much better!! It was like instant relief.

I went last Wednesday for a fill and received .8 CC's. I have been getting .3 or .4 each time. I slowly drank the 8 oz of Water afterwards and was fine. Wed and Thur on liquids and Fri and Sat on mushies, everything fine.... I ate about 4 bites of fish for lunch Sunday and was sliming for about an hour and half before I finally threw up. Today at lunch I had about 4 dime sized bites of chicken and the food gets stuck. Finally, it went down but an hour later I was hungry. So, I took two bites of a plum W/O the peel at about 2:30 and it gets stuck, no slime...just the stuck in my esophagus feeling. After 20 - 30 minutes it finally goes down. Then, after about three bites this evening, I feel everything is in my esophagus again and it hurts. Also, have the feeling of acid and burning. I left a message on my aftercare's answering machine.:thumbup: I need to feel better!

Stagegirl