Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What's the soonest you

can schedule your procedure? For instance can I have the procedure done as soon as this weekend?

I want to try and get it done before the holidays.

Thanks

Hop a flight to MX and they'll set you right up! Seriously, you could really do it that fast, but you know I'll try to make sure you are ready, Freddy, for it. Do you know what you are getting into? Do you have a realistic picture of banded life? Are you prepared for the expenses required for good responsible band care? Do you have a fill doc in the states should you go to MX?

If you have insurance coverage for this procedure, I can guarantee you you will NOT be banded this weekend. That's a promise or you know someone most of us don't and have plenty of cash. :)

Are you really ready for this?

Dont think you'll get a date for this weekend. It really depends on the doctor. Some doctors want lots of test such as gastro, cardiology stress test, sleep study etc.

It will depend on what kind of medical issues you have as well. Dont rush into this be sure you are make the most healthiest decision for your body. Get as much information as you need and make sure your doctor participates in those decisions. Good luck to you.

Right after I got approved the Doctors office called and wanted to know if I wanted to do it the next week.I needed time to get my head right.I was still like a deer in the headlights from getting approved.Take your time this is not something that you just jump into.It takes alot of mental preparation. I found out it is best to stop taking all herbal sups and asprin, ibuprophin, tylenol, alcohol ,smoking at least two weeks before surgery. Do you have a support group in your area?

If so go take to them see what life is like after WLS.Take time ti get your self prepaired for this LIFE CHANGING event. My surgery is Thursday I have been approved for two months.

If you are self pay, as long as you have the tests done, you can get the procedure pretty darn quickly. If covered by insurance it takes longer to get all the approvals.

I went to my seminar in August and had my surgery done in September. But, I was also self-pay and my doctor accepted my labs from March of this year since they were less than 6 months old and I only had to have an Upper GI. So it was quick and easy for me but it did take a month, not a week to make it happen. Good luck!

I had to schedule my appointments with the respiratory physician and GP, get them on the same day and get them on a day Eliza was at daycare, and then get on my surgeon's next list after that so for me it was 8 weeks.

I have been very impatient, this has been a six month process for me, but I believe I really have needed that time to come to terms with it all. I did get initial advice that I wasnt heavy enough from one surgeon and I also chickened out and thought I could go it alone. I did well for about six weeks as I always do, then fell off the wagon and realised I couldnt keep up the momentum for another 30kg! Once I got the process rolling again and booked into see another surgeon (4 week wait) I then had an 8 week wait to go and am being done next week.

Hello---I went to Tijuana and they can schedule you really fast. All you have to have is a cashiers check and they will fix you right up!! HA!! I just called a few days before. Then I went in on a Thursday and had tests then surgery on Friday then flew home on Saturday, baseball tournament for my son all day on Sunday then work on Monday!!! Wow makes me tired now just thinking about it.

Misti