Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

:) I have been home for about6 hrs and I am so excited to have this done. It took me about 9 mo to finish all my prerequisit Dr. visits, and I feel almost giddy! I guess I see this as a new season for my life. My cardiologist, primary care, psych eval, sleep eval, and nutritional eval took some time for me as I am mom and the cardiac issues had slowed me a bit. I have been reading threads and have learned so much. Im happy to be on board, but I guess I feel like I just got on the Polar Express, not realy knowing what to expect next. Im sure there will be many more post that will help me along, and my DH is super, I am truly blessed. I am excited to be at this crossroad of life and I know I am happy to virtually meet all of you. Thanks for your support already! Victoriana

Congrats Victoriana! I'm 12 days post op- and I can tell you that it gets better every single day. It has for me so far. I also have a fear of the unknown, and reading the sad posts here lately don't help. Good luck in your journey ahead!

Welcome new bandsters and CONGRATULATIONS! You are now starting the rest of your life as a new healthier you!!! I am very excited for all of you and want to say this board is great. Go to the support section for any questions you may have, usually a search can be done to find out if anyone had questions answered on the board that you may be wondering about. Take care of yourselves. The best advice I can give is this Do what your doctor tells you, eat only what is on the list, no in between eating, drink lots of Water and exercises at least thirty minutes 3x per week after you have been released to do so post op....and oh yeah, pray hard too. Keep on the boards and we will help you in any way we can. Just always remember to be kind to yourself, everyone loses weight differently and in different time amounts...

Take care and God bless!

Congratulations! I hope to follow you soon :D

Congrats Victoriana!! Its an exciting journey. I was banded 12 days ago & I'm loving it!

Congras. too ALL

each day is exciting, and also scary. but , the challenge is their, and it is,

you will search every aspect of your life and feelings, and awaking to many things, but, is the beginning of your life, many ,will not understand or even temp you. so may God give you strenth and courage, for this long and worth while trip, you will be so happy,....

---------------------------------------------

Margie :D

banded 4/5/04

295lbs. now 247lbs goal 140

dr. texeira ny.

slow but save...

Congratulations. I hope to be joining you all very soon in bandland as well. I was just approved by Priority Health (in Grand Rapids Michigan at MMPC with Dr. Kemmeter) to meet with the Doctor, Physician's Assistant, and Behaviorist. After that they do an evaluation and approve the next step which is 3 appointments with the dieticians and then evaluate that and then the surgery will be approved and scheduled. I figure if the insurance company is making me go through this process, both they and the medical team see a commitment from me. If anyone thought it was a quick fix, I don't think they'd tolerate this type of process. I'm just lucky that my insurance is covering it. I will only be paying $1300 out of pocket and that will include the food (product) that I have to be on two weeks prior and liquid two weeks after.

This website and all of you have been absolutely priceless in understanding the lapband surgery and assisting me in my conversations with the doctors.

Thanks to everyone for the honesty and ability to be so open.

Good luck to all the new bandsters!!!:notagree