Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi! Pre-op from New Hampshire

Hi,

Just wanted to pop in and introduce myself. My name is Cor'. I am pre-op, and just got the OK to meet with the surgeon in my program. I am about 6 weeks out from meeting them, but I've done all my program testing and just started a six week class. I'm a 26yo female, 5'11" and started the program in January at 326. The year previously I was at my highest weight ever at 342. I just weighed in yesterday at the hospital and am at 311 (my fav band, I kind of laughed at that). My bmi is 43.

After months of searching on the web, I'm surprised that I just found the site today! I can't wait to read more about everyones' experiences.

I have thoroughly enjoyed the process so far, but am starting to get really nervous now that I'm coming up on the final legs of preparation to start my new journey! Does anyone have any advice to calm the nerves? I think I'm a bit nervous about all of it- surgery, what life will be like after, what if I don't lose the weight, what if I stop enjoying the whole thing, what if I don't like my new body... yadda, yadda, yadda... I just keep trying to stay focused on what I want out of this - to be an active person again! Running, cycling, hiking - being outside and having fun -enjoying my body for being a tool, a utility, for all the fun things I want to do in life.

:thumbup:

Hey! I'm currently pre-op in the live free or die state too. Meeting my surgeon on July 21st. Maybe after this I can go through the Polar Caves and not worry about getting wedged in. I'm at 292 last time they weighed me and can't wait to say goodbye to that number. Hope to chat with ya some more!

oooh, exciting! I just started the Lifestyle changes course at CMC, so I'm almost ready to meet the surgeon. Good luck with the surgeon! The Polar Caves sound like fun. I can't wait to do The Flume, and I'm really looking forward to hiking Mt. Monadnock without breaking into a full-on asthma attack. I tried it a couple years ago and couldn't even make it to the top. Would be great to talk with another New Hampshirite!

Hello. So I recently went for a consult in boston for Lap Band & it wasnt the best experience.. i have been doing alot of research and emotionally and mentally preparing myself with this. So today was kind of a bummer day for me. The reason i automatically went to boston was because i had been given names from family that only recommended this particular hospital.

Anyways, needless to say I have not done a whole lot of research on the program at CMC in Manchester. I am waiting for a call back to attend the information session they offer. Can anyone give me any insight on what they offer.. the website the process takes a year -- what exactly makes it take that long?

Thanks for any input!