Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Count Down to getting my Band

Hi everyone! My name is Jan and I live in NJ close to the NYC area. On Dec. 21, 2005 I will be having surgery to get the Lap Band. I have gone back and forth with debating do I do it now or in the summer thinking I will lose alot of weight and not need it. However, I know that is not really what would happen. In fact, I might even gain more weight. The reason I finally decided on doing it now is because I got Diabetes type 2 about 2 yrs ago. I am on about 8 medications for various health issues. I am tired of feeling pain when I walk or get up out of a chair. I am only 47 but somedays because of the pain I feel so much older. It worries me that I won't be here for my boys if I don't get this weight off. I want to feel better physically and emotionally. This weight is such a burden. I have done alot of research and done some talking to people about this procedure. I still think that the band is the best way for me to lose than to do anything else more invasive. If you have any tips or words of encouragement I would love to read them. I know I am in the right place but just need a little encouragement from people who have been there. I guess you know what I mean. Please feel free to write me here or email me. I look forward to hearing from you. Wishing you all a happy and healthy holiday season. Hope to hear from you soon.

You may be giving yourself and your children a real chance at happiness. I too am looking forward to getting the band. I think it is the way to go. I don't particularly want my intestines rerouted. They cause enough problems. I hope that you come through the surgery well and happy and call do all the many things you want to do. Good Luck to you and God Bless. Keep us posted.

HI jAN,

Are you my twin,you sound exactly like me!

I'm also 47 and I want to be around for my boys and maybe someday if I'm lucky enough some grandchildren. I'm also getting banded in December the 20th to be exact.

I've had my ups and downs about getting banded too. I don't have Diabeties but I suffer with severe migranes and I was worried that the vomiting I get with Migraines would make the band slip or worse I don't know. I got a lot of support from the people on this board and I talked to my doctor and he gave me some anti nausa medication.

I feel alot better about everything now.

After all I've been through so far I don't want to turn back now. All the tests and all the waiting for insurance and all the money......... I'm going through with the banding for sure but I'm scared and excited at the same time. I just keep thinking that maybe by this summer I'll be feeling so much better about myself and hopefully more agile on my feet so that I may feel like hiking and biking and camping (I live in Maine), gives me so much to look forward too.........

Thank you so much for your encouraging words. They really mean alot to me. Wishing you a happy and healthy holiday season!

Hi Tootarts! Thanks for your message. You do really sound like you could be my twin! I want to wish you good luck with your banding procedure on Dec. 20th! One day before I get mine. Please keep in touch and feel free to write to my personal email as well. My email is Jlynn4215@aol.com. We do have alot to look forward to and I have faith that things will go well for both of us. Did your doctor give you anti nausea medicine to keep at home? I hope to hear from you soon. Take care and be well. Jan

Hi Keri! Thanks for welcoming me to the LBT boards. I see you have done great so far with your weight loss journey. By the way, how do you get that count down picture to show your weight loss and goal? What link would get me there? Thanks. Happy Holidays!

Jan:)