Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Are you really NOT hungry?!?

So, I am less than 2 weeks away from banding... and I am trying to do my pre-surgery diet (not required, but I will do what I can to shrink that liver.)

Anyway, I have been eating, but I am SO HUNGRY! Really, like I feel hunger in my stomach.

When I have the band, even though I am hardly eating anything, will I really NOT be hungry?!?

THANKS!

I'm 10 days post and i have really not been hungrey at all. i was on clear for first 5 days after and have moved to liquid mostly shakes and water- and i have lost 10 lbs just in the last week. this is why we do this. good luck to you and don't worry. i was in no pain after the surgery, i was out walking the mall the next day!!! good luck!!!

i was banded on 6/16. i had to do the low carb diet for 2 wks to shrink liver. did great on that and my liver looked so pretty! also had 2 days of liquid diet which wasnt too bad! I haven't been hungry at all! Unfortunately for me, I was in pain for 13 1/2 days! it was horrible. the pain in my shoulder was terrible! then from using pain meds got constipated and that was very painful as well!! I have lost 8 lbs since surgery!!

I was so concerned about this too. I always had a really strong sense of hunger. It is what would ultimately do me in on any diet. I can honestly say I am NEVER hungry like I used to be... where my stomach would actually be sore and gnawing on itself.

My definition of 'hungry' has changed now. Basically, what I feel now as 'hunger' is really just emptiness. It is not an urgent, gnawing, uncomfortable feeling that makes me moody. If I'm busy, its easy to put off eating for a long long time now. I can just drink some Water and I feel fine (if I don't have time to get food right then and there).

I eat less calories than I ever did on Weight Watchers, but not because I am counting and agonizing over my points (I refuse to journal or count now), but just because I am satisfied w/so much less. And, I'm in a much better mood than I ever was on WW because I'm not hungry all the time and ready to rip someone's head off. LOL

Once you achieve sufficient fills the hunger, for most people, is very controlled. I used to have extreme hunger issues but don't any longer.

Just remember though, that immediately post op you won't be too hungry because of the swelling from surgery. 1 to 2 weeks later that hunger comes screaming back for most people because the swelling subsides and there is little to no Fluid yet in the band. Once you get sufficient restriction from fills that hunger once again subsides.

Good luck!

Brad

I had very good results from EAS myoplex Protein Drink in the bottle.was shrinking my liver for RNY.but I reconsidered for the lapband.the myoplex was good for getting your nutrition plus Protein curbed my hungriness