Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

The Power of the mind

Hey Kids, I just wanted to post something to remind y'all of the power of the mind.

I know that folks are worried because we have had several of our dear friends having really bad issues with their band. So naturally, we think, what if I'm next? What if? What if? What if?

The mind is powerful. If you look for something, you will find it. The power of the mind/body link is not completely known, but it is there.

I might have a leak, but then again, I might just have had someone doing my fills who actually let out my fill. That is what I am planning on, I am planning for the best. I am expecting the best.

I used to have a job I completely and totally hated. H-A-T-E-D. Data-entry clerk, and I thought I was going to die from shere bordem. So you know what? I got up hating work, I spent all day hating my job, I would leave that job hating it. So my mind/body took over and I ended up with sever carple tunnel. It was so bad I couldn't move my hands, couldn't move my fingers. If I couldn't move my fingers, I wouldn't have to do that job I hated. My mind fixed the problem for me.

The mind is powerful.

So I challenge everyone who is stressed about their band, I challenge you to be positive about your band. If you have a PB, it is just that, a PB. The chances are very small that you are going to have trouble with your band. Yes, there are a small percentage of people who have trouble, but keep telling yourself that you are not going to have trouble with you band.

This is a support board. Chances are we are going to hear from folks who need support because they are having issues. We don't hear from folks who are doing great with their bands. We don't hear because they are all off having a great time being skinny.

Again, I challenge you to think positively about your band. It is important.

Sigh. I know. You are right. I'm hoping I'm creating problems in my mind that aren't really there. But I really want an endoscope!!!! I'd feel so much better seeing what's inside. I'm having a hard time balancing good sense/good, responsible band care and paranoia. I'll level. Thanks for the encouragement. You really are right!!

I agree.... TRAIN THE BRAIN !!!!

If you start your day off saying its gonna be crappy then its gonna be crappy and so on.

I'm with you Crystal... "POSITIVE THINKING"

Thank you for this thread Vines. The thought had crossed my mind of "what if" simply because I've never had a fill, thus no one has seen my innerds in a very long time. (They did a barium swallow on me back in Feb. here at my hospital, but that's still 3/4 of a year ago now!)

I've been just trying to think positive and remember that I'll get my first fill soon, and that my doc can check me all out at that time.

I've had no reflux issues, and can still belch a good one, so I'm just thinking positive at this point and assuming it's all ok. If I'm ever told differently, then I'll cross that bridge when and if I get there.

Thanks again for this thread. You are certainly one smart cookie, and I love you and value your support and words of encouragement.

Vines, kudos to you....yes, positive thinking is the key to everything including our life as banded people!!!

Thanks Vines, you are right on the money. I've stayed out of the discussions of all the issues folks are having (despite sending LOTS of good energy to the folks who are struggling). Here's the thing....I'm banded. I already got the thing in me. I cannot spend every day worrying. What will that change? I have it inside of me. All I can do is continue to live as a bandster.

Besides....worrying takes ALL the fun out of this whole experience. I didn't spend that much money to continue being miserable. Losing weight is fun dangit!!!!

I often put my hand over my tummy where Katrinka (my band) resides. I send her white light energy and affirm she is safe and sound and in place doing her best job. I'd rather affirm THAT than problems.

Everyone...do it now....put your hand on your band and silently thank it for being there, for being your friend and partner, for saving your life.

Now go out there and be the best bandster you know how to be!

Vines,

I agree!

But Im also a realist.

By planning a "step 2", I dont think Im being paranoid... just prudent.

You are right.. the mind is very powerful and it can take over. I am really trying to stay positive, even with my Leak. I know it could be worse and its nothing compaired to what others are having to deal with.. So I just have to thank God that its just a Leak.

Well, there you have it folks. ANYONE can slip. Even with the Vanguard band.

http://www.lapbandtalk.com/showthread.php?t=12124

It just means doing our best and not worrying if we'll be next. It means rocking this bad boy/girl band that's inside of us the best we can now, and not worrying about the future.

The power of positivity is truly overwhelming!!!!

P.S. And I still agree with you too Paula. Planning ahead with a plan B isn't being a worry wort, it truly is prudent planning. We can still think positively about the bands that we currently have, and hopefully will never have to use a plan B. But should a situatioin occur, it's always nice to have an idea of what some of our options are too.

Crystal, thank you very much for this post!!

The past few days, I've been a bit bummed out after coming and reading the boards. Not that I think we should only post good experiences .. its just that there were so many bad experiences posted recently, as well as alot of "what ifs". I realize that this is a support forum and that's what people come here for.

*shrugs* .. don't really know my point here - I just know that I feel better after reading this thread. I too, believe in the power of positive thoughts.