Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I cheathed on my post op diet and feel really bad.

Hi Everyone I was banded in early June with a 14cc band I was put on a 4 week liquid diet I have had no restriction (since surgery) at all. Week 3 will be thursday. I can drink the Protein shakes/ broth/ Soups etc with nothing filling me up. But I've stuck to the liquid stage of the diet. I did really good until last week when I caved in on a drive home and could not resist my craving for Micky D's I ate 2 Big Mac sandwichs, as I ate I cried and said NEVER AGAIN. (A Big Mac was on my list of food i wanted to eat pre band but never got around to it.) It wasin my head and woudn't go away.... They both went down fine and I had no problems with eating them at all which scares me terriblly. I didn't get sick didn't throw up I felt regular..... I went right back to my liquid diet and have stayed there with no problems and no cravings at all. I hate that I caved into one of my cravings I hate that I cheated on my post-op diet the way I did. I also hate that both sandwiches went down so easily nothing getting stuck not being full afterwards etc. I go for my first fill in about 3 weeks and will be a saint till then. But could something be wrong with my band that I was able to eat that much and still feel not really full? Like I've said I've stuck to my liquid diet to a tee until this episode, have lost almost 15lb. I just feel so guilty i couldn't control myself but knowing how I felt afterwards gives me a greater (i hope) willpower to never fall off the band wagon again. (I cried most of the night thinking I might of ruined my band) I'm now a bandster for life I'm just scared of the no restriction I have at all....could my band be so big I have no pouch? I'm praying and hoping my fills give me greater restriction so that when i do eat (and it won't be fast food) I'll have that full feeling. So I'm beating myself up I did the lap band with the best intentions and still believe i can do this after how I felt eating those hamburgers. I'm just scared my band will not work since I was able to eat such a large amount of food could it be b/c the band is not filled yet? Pleaee don't yell at me for what i did I know what i did was wrong and a HUGE NO NO it will never happen again. Just needed to get this off my chest I've felt so guilty since then. Even though I went right back to my pre-op diet.

Skinnygal..what you did is what you said..not right. However, your band is in its healing stage so there isn't any saline in it right now and that is why you don't have any restriction. You may or may not feel any restriction after the first fill either. It takes a couple of fills before you have really good restriction. PLEASE do not beat yourself up any more than you have already done. That was yesterday and you have already turned the leaf over and you are back on the wagon. It is in the past now you need to go forward. We didn't get in this shape over night, we have to learn. I think you have recommitted to your plan and you probably will do much better. The first month is called "bandster hell" for a reason. It is not fun. Stay positive and true to yourself. You are doing really well!! I wish you the very best on your journey!!

Hi Everyone I was banded in early June with a 14cc band I was put on a 4 week liquid diet I have had no restriction (since surgery) at all. Week 3 will be thursday. I can drink the Protein shakes/ broth/ Soups etc with nothing filling me up. But I've stuck to the liquid stage of the diet. I did really good until last week when I caved in on a drive home and could not resist my craving for Micky D's I ate 2 Big Mac sandwichs, as I ate I cried and said NEVER AGAIN. (A Big Mac was on my list of food i wanted to eat pre band but never got around to it.) It wasin my head and woudn't go away.... They both went down fine and I had no problems with eating them at all which scares me terriblly. I didn't get sick didn't throw up I felt regular..... I went right back to my liquid diet and have stayed there with no problems and no cravings at all. I hate that I caved into one of my cravings I hate that I cheated on my post-op diet the way I did. I also hate that both sandwiches went down so easily nothing getting stuck not being full afterwards etc. I go for my first fill in about 3 weeks and will be a saint till then. But could something be wrong with my band that I was able to eat that much and still feel not really full? Like I've said I've stuck to my liquid diet to a tee until this episode, have lost almost 15lb. I just feel so guilty i couldn't control myself but knowing how I felt afterwards gives me a greater (i hope) willpower to never fall off the band wagon again. (I cried most of the night thinking I might of ruined my band) I'm now a bandster for life I'm just scared of the no restriction I have at all....could my band be so big I have no pouch? I'm praying and hoping my fills give me greater restriction so that when i do eat (and it won't be fast food) I'll have that full feeling. So I'm beating myself up I did the LAP-BAND® with the best intentions and still believe i can do this after how I felt eating those hamburgers. I'm just scared my band will not work since I was able to eat such a large amount of food could it be b/c the band is not filled yet? Pleaee don't yell at me for what i did I know what i did was wrong and a HUGE NO NO it will never happen again. Just needed to get this off my chest I've felt so guilty since then. Even though I went right back to my pre-op diet.

Ok First Congrats on your new life

Second, we all make mistakes, but you have to be every careful during this post op stage, your stomach is still healing. You ate what you did, it happens to some people, but you have to be careful what you do it. Look you have to think about this band as a tool that is going to help you make better healthier choices. Are you going to have some set backs, yes your not alone, we all will. The thing is that you have to look at your choices, you want that Big Mac again, if you can tolerate the bread, have a quarter of it or a bite or two. then throw it away. I have things I love to eat believe me I am with you! But I have learned I eat one or two bites and throw it away and remind myself that it will still be there a month down the road!. Now chin up get to healing and don't suffer over what has been done, just be smart the next time so you wont feel so bad! Also remember some doctors put some Fluid in the band during surgery others don't. So you may not have any restriction but during the 6 weeks of post op pamper yourself and take it easy, this too shall pass!

Take Care

Sandee