Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Thinking about a small unfill

I have 5.5 in my 10 cc band and I can barely get Water down in the am. By about 2 pm I can eat some mushies, but I usually have a PBing episode each time I eat. I am able to consume about 2-3 ounces of food before that happens. The killer is that I am not hungry, so of course I love that. I have put up with it for what will be 4 weeks on Wednesday(normally would have been my appt, but the Dr. is so busy that I had to go 6 weeks out). I'm thinking of calling today because I really am exhausted, not losing weight and frustrated. Since 5 was the place between yellow and green and 5.5 is red, I'm guessing I should have .25 removed, just to tweek it. Is it ok to call the Dr. to try to get in early to have this adjusted, the PBing and exhaustion are really getting to me!?

I am kind of at the same point but I can drink in the morning. By afternoon I can eat solid foods.

It is funny not being hungry isn't it?

Even though you're not hungry please try and get at least 50 grams of Protein in to stave malnutrition.

Good luck and keep us updated.

I was at the same place about 6 months ago. I had .2 removed and it made all the difference. I'd call the doctor. I put up with my overfill for 6 weeks. I was at the point where I was living on chili and Soup. I know that complete lack of hunger is a marvelous thing, but have the unfill. You've given it enough time.

Cindy

You should definitely call your doctor and have a tiny unfill. Being too tight is really bad for you and can ultimately make you gain weight.

I was in the same place you were a week ago. I waited 4 weeks before I finally decided I had to make the call to have a tiny bit of Fluid removed. I could get fluids in but it was very uncomfortable. Solids were getting stuck way to easily and I wound up PBing alot also.

I was scared to get the fluid taken out because I didn't want to start gaining the weight back. I finally realized that I was doing myself harm by not getting enough nutrients in my body. So I got the unfill.

I feel much better and I am still losing the weight. I would definately call your doctor and get an unfill. You will feel so much better. And you will still have the restriction. You just won't be uncomfortable.

Thanks, I just called and they are going to squeeze me in at 11 tomorrow. I pretty much figure I should not be PBing on baby spoons of yogurt! I thought I could tough it out, but after reading about the majority of problems stemming from too tight bands I figured I shouldn't wait.

My Protein has been low so I went back to unflavored Protein Powder mixed with Water and crystal light.

Vacation is a month away and I really do not want to be spending the time I would ordinarily spend eating looking at the lovely restrooms!

I'll update after the outcome of my appt. tomorrow.

I think you'll be glad you called. Let us know how you are doing after your appt.

I had my slight unfill today. They took out .25 cc and had me go try a cup of water...it went down so nice and easy. The nurse said to try a shake and then if that gave me no issues I could take off. All went very well and I was even able to eat mushies tonight with no issues. Tomorrow I will try solids. Thanks to all of you who helped me to feel comfortable calling the dr. to ask for help. They said to keep my next appt. in 3 weeks in case I need further adjustment. My fills will remain very small until I get to my sweet spot, if I am not there now (she said they will keep splitting the difference between what was too full and what they gave me so .25 came out, if I need a fill .12 will go in and work from there until I am in a good place)

So glad you are feeling better. Being too tight is never a good thing.

I got on to ask a very similar question when I read your post.

I got my 4th fill last week bringing me to 6.4 in my 10 cc band. I know everyone os different- but I am thinking that I need a baby unfill.

I cannot eat very much at all and as long as I am eating softer things I am okay. If I try to eat hamburger meat or chicken I get stuck after just a couple of baby bites. Most foods that I would eat at a typical meal I cannot eat...I have to eat softer things.

So the question is for me...what exactly is the sweet spot and how can I tell if I need a little unfill.

I got on to ask a very similar question when I read your post.

I got my 4th fill last week bringing me to 6.4 in my 10 cc band. I know everyone os different- but I am thinking that I need a baby unfill.

I cannot eat very much at all and as long as I am eating softer things I am okay. If I try to eat hamburger meat or chicken I get stuck after just a couple of baby bites. Most foods that I would eat at a typical meal I cannot eat...I have to eat softer things.

So the question is for me...what exactly is the sweet spot and how can I tell if I need a little unfill.

From what I was told when I went in if you cannot proceed to solid foods and keep them down in 4-8 ounce portions than you are too full. If you are too restriced to get down all the necessary Protein than you are too full. If even liquids are givng you slimeing and soft foods do as well than you need an unfill. Good luck!

Definitely sounds like you need a slight unfill. If you keep going the way you are, you'll do what I did and develop some seriously bad eating habits. Soft foods are inharently higher in calories.

Do yourself a favor and call, you'll be glad you did.