Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hello I am new here and getting banded Wed 6/30!

I too was banded on June 30th!! I'm feeling pretty good so far...I have pain at my port site, but other than that the gas has been bearable. I actually left my house for the first time since surgery today. My husband took me to Walgreens...woo hoo. But, it was nice to get out of the house and move around in public (as opposed to doing laps around my house).

I hope all the other recent bandsters are doing well.

Deb

I was so happy to find this thread. I was banded on 6/28 so I am one week out. I have my first f/u tomorrow afternoon and I cannot wait. I too thought I would fail at this...nothing seemed to have worked before! But I am down 10 pounds since surgery and I could not be happier.

I do have one question for those in the know, what does PB mean? I assumed it meant vomiting, but I was not too sure. I have read a lot of posts where they caution this or that so that you don't PB. Not sure what it is, but I do know I do not want it!

Good luck to everyone on here. I hope your journey is painfree!

Hello,

Was wondering if any of you are hungry?

I have read the food plan I am to follow, and must admit it leads to more questions than it answers.

From reading all of your posts, I now understand why I am so covert about this surgery. I am afraid that this will be another failure.

Thank you all for sharing, and your honesty. You are helping me understand myself better.

Gwendolyn Smythe

Gwendolyn (love that name BTW),

I was pretty hungry day 2 post op. My surgery was Monday so Wednesday was bad for me. My Dr had me on Clear liquids until Thursday. So by Wed. I was starving and very tired of fruity lo-cal items! But by Thurs morning, I was able to transition to thin liquids which included my Protein shakes. Who would have thought Protein Shakes were the best thing you would ever taste!

I transition to mushy foods tomorrow which is pretty exciting. The time between thin liquids and mushy foods has been no problem. I even attended a cookout yesterday.

I was in your same boat with trying to keep the surgery a secret. I have only told a few ppl. After trying for how many years to lose weight it seems to me that nothing will work. But hang in there. Trust me, if I can manage to make this work, anyone can!

Thank you for your prompt response. Did you have Jello during the first two days after surgery. I think that is the only solid food LOL I am allowed.

It was suggested I get Isopure Protein clear drinks. I tried orange, and felt it was tolerable. What did you drink, or for that matter what did anyone else drink.

I also looked at what a 3 ounce portion is. I was shocked. In my mind's eye, I thought 3 ounces looked more like a cup. That is like when I only want a cup of something, it looks more like three to four cups.

You are doing great.

Gwendolyn (yes I like the name also)

I did have Jello. They gave me Jello in the hospital but it was horrible. Not sure how you mess up jello!

When I got home I did have it most days. This seems very funny to say, but I sometimes cannot even finish one jello cup in a sitting. Never thought I would say that. My biggest issue before surgery was Portion Control. Granted I am only 1 week out, but I am shocked at how little food I can take in and be full.

The Protein shake I use is Bariatric Advantage. I bought that only b/c it is what my Dr sells in the office. I currently have the choc. It is really good actually but a bit more expensive than others I have seen. My 35 serving bag was $45. Here the link if you want to take a look...Bariatric Advantage - Nutritional supplements, Vitamins, Proteins, and Help for Gastric Bypass, Distal, Lap Band, Realize, Stomaphyx and Duodenal Switch Surgery Patients.

I had surgery on June 11th. The surgery was a piece of cake, the pain was not great right after. The second day I was in bed most of the day, but did get out for a walk around the house. I'm down 22 lbs in just under 4 weeks. I'll be going for my first fill this Thursday. I have been hungry and eating about 70% of my preop normal diet. I feel great and would do it again. I'm looking forward to loosing my 100 lbs.

Hi,

Yes I was hungry about a week an half after surgery. Not super hungry but I could eat more. It's been 3 weeks and few days and yes I am hungry 3 to 4 hours after having a meal. I also thinks it's my brain and not my stomach talking. I have my first fill this coming Thursday and can't wait to start the process of adjusting to the right zone.

It's seems to be normal to be hungry, stay strong and don't give into the old self.

PB stands for productive burp. It's not the same as throwing up. Basically something gets stuck and you burp to bring it back up. A lot of people say it's like throwing up, and while it's not the most pleasant thing, it's not as bad as throwing up. It happens to me sometimes when I don't chew enough.

Hi,

I got my date for surgery today. It is July 14 at 7:30 am.

Now I am becoming anxious and nervous. I know I will go through with it, but I thought I would feel elated that my date for surgery was moved up five days.

Very few people know I am having this surgery - I just don't want to fail. I have been on so many diets that I lost the weight on and then regained it all, with some extra.

Tomorrow or one day soon, I will go shopping for gasX, read that it works, and some other liquids that I can have.

I think I will look for one of my self help books, and find readings to help me during this period of time.

If any of you have any suggestions, I would like to hear about them.

Gwendolyn Smythe:eek: