Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

My banding is this coming Tuesday. A wee bit anxious about it all. Have had surgeries before, but none as life-changing as what I'm about to do. After 2 wks on Opti-fast, I guess I can adjust to just about anything!:)

My surgery is Tuesday also and after 2 weeks of Optifast I am ready to chew the bark off the trees! But I have noticed the increase in energy and absolutely no cravings for anything sweet whatsoever! So the band has got to be a continuation of this I would think! I'm seeing my ankles for the first time in 2 years! The swelling is gone. My midsection is shrinking already. My biggest fear is my age will prevent the weight from coming off. I know it gets harder as we get older but I've always had the lousiest metabolism. Good Luck to you!

Thanks for the encouragement, and best of luck to you too! Wish this had been available back when I was your age. I would have done it in a heartbeat! People have noticed I've lost that 'bloated' look....but not in my buttocks ! I get a little light-headed at times, so I sit down. I've also been having the Optifast chicken Soup, and that's been a godsend. I add a splash of curry powder to it or a dash of nutmeg and it's quite satisfying. Diet Black Cherry soda helps calm down the afterbite of the strawberry Optifast.

I'll be on 'regular foods' by the time our garden starts producing the veggies. Looking forward to chewing!

Nice to find someone having it done on the same day, Shelley, keep in touch.

Good luck tomorrow, Shelley. My family and friends have called or come over to wish me the best. REceived some lovely flowers from a friend in Maryland. Everyone is so supportive. I go in at 8:30 a.m. and surgery at 10. I'll be glad when tomorrow night arrives...... Godspeed....

jeanne

I'm with you as well tomorrow. I'll be glad to chew again one day, even if I'm chewing 25 times!

up and at 'em.....stuff to do before I leave. Here we go! Good luck to you as well..... this is it!

jeanne

Good Luck Jeanne- Will be thinking of you! I don't go in till 12:30 pm. See ya on the other side!

Hi Shelley.... I'm home, a bit sore, but it seems to get better by the hour. I had 4 incisions made also fixed a hernia while there..didn't know I had one! Good to sleep in my own bed last night. I had to do one night in hospital. Hope all went well for you and no miserable side-effects. The left shoulder is a bit sore, and God knows I don't want to sneeze or cough. Drinking chicken broth, leftover Optifast, popsicles and Jello. I take my pain pills every 2-4 hours just to take the 'edge off'. Took my first shower just now...how nice did that feel? :) Keep in touch, kiddo.....here we go!

jeanne

Hi Jeanne- Went well for me too. Although they were way behind.Scheduled for 2:30 pm and didn't get me in until 7;30 pm. Came out of it pretty good. not much pain. Yesterday I had some pain and gas but it was my head that hurt. liquid tylenol really works for that. My doc won't let me have anything but Clear Liquids the next 2 weeks. Not even my Optifast. No milk or Protein of any kind. Just broth, Water, sugar-free popsicles and Jello. His long-term diet does away with yogurt too! But anyway we are through the worst of it! And each day will get better. We'll keep in touch and let each other know how we're doing.

Strange how some of these doctors differ in their requests. I was on Clear Liquids yesterday only. Today I needed to have 5 shakes of Optifast or Carnation Instant Breakfast, popsicles, fruit 20, Jello and broth. This is for one week. After that, I have 4 shakes of the Optifast or Carnation and can introduce one serving of 2 oz. of lean meat or yogurt or cottage cheese or 1/2 cup of cream based Soup. This is for one week. After that, no more shakes, just slow introduction of chosen foods. The beginning of July 28th I'm good to go for whatever I can tolerate.

Oddly, I had a headache as well. I never have headaches! My gut is sore, the gas is still rising to my shoulder, oh well. I have major pain pills, which I take before bedtime. I had a hysterectomy in 2004, which was much worse, so at least I know there's a light at the end of the tunnel. Time to go to bed and read for awhile. I'm sorry you had such a delay. Mine was zip,zip, zip....before I knew it, it was all over. My hospital is wonderful and the staff were treating me like a queen. They said I was the oldest lapbander they've had so far.

I'll let you rest your eyes from the epistle. Yes, let's keep in touch, Shelley.... get rest and prepare for the journey ahead...

jeanne

Hey JMinDallas- How are you doing? Same day as Jeanne and me. Just wondering how you're feeling.

I'm not very techy... how do you send a message to two of us?!?

My shoulder is still gassy. I've been moving around doing stuff, but it's still a bit painful. Had my Optifast shake for lunch and a little later some Jello. I've almost lost 20 lbs. since beginning the Optifast pre-surgery. I am, however, looking HUGELY forward to chewing something....anything! Sorry you have two weeks of clear fluids.

think it's time for a brief nap....the breeze is blowing through the window and the bed is turned down, ready and waiting. It's 73 here in NH today, and absolutely gorgeous. Granddaughter will be here soon and into the pool. My husband can keep an eye on her.....doctor said I can't go in for at least a week. :tt1: I'm thinking that the month of July will be totally taken up with getting lapband all settled. I can live with that. One month out of my chunky life is no big deal.

HOpe you have a good holiday weekend. No barbeques this year, but that's okay.

take care, Shelley.... jeanne

Hey Jeanne- Sounds like you're coming along fine! I think we should take time for ourselves to heal and get use to this thing. I'm stuck in the house more because of the diarrhea than anything. It has me a bit worried about electrolyte imbalance so gonna get me some Gatorade. And the next week and a half will be a challenge on this clear liquid with my diabetes. Already had one episode today of low blood sugar and had to suck on glucose tabs. I think I'll get me some banana popsicles for mealtimes. They don't come in sugar-free and they want me to have sugar at mealtime only. Our park we live in (2200 homes) is having a huge July 4th cookout with the hamburgers and hotdogs which we'll be missing this year. I'm not that disappointed! Next year I can go and will be thin! You continue to take care of yourself and think of alll you have to look forward to! Have a happy and safe holiday!:tt1: