Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

No Dr. Avail until Mon-problem

I just got off the phone with the Dr on call, I have been having diarrhea for 48 hours with no change with imodium, correct liquids. I am told to take

acidolophis, and if not better to go in for infection test on Monday. this concerns me. I had a hernis repair, gallbladder removed and was banded on Tues. I am wondering if this is something I should be more concerned about. I do have a total knee replacement, so when I hear possible infection this is scary. Anything that had to wait if it may not be going well, I question.I have had watery diarrhea constantly since the first time my bowels started working thursday afternoon. My lapband wa done on Tues morning.

The Dr. had said not to go the ER unless I spoke with him first , while I was baing discharged. I was not put through to him, the on call Dr. spoke to me. I shall try the acidolophis (sp) and hope it corrects this, otherwise, if I have to go until Monday, I am leary of problems.

any help would be appreciated.

Debra

liquid in, liquid out, but that doesn't make you feel any better. Dr Billy will know what to do, but I hate you have to wait until Mon to see him. Use Desitin or other diaper rash cream for your sore bottom. Ouch. I feel for ya, and I know how uncomfortable you are worrying that something terrible is wrong.

Go to the blue bar at the top of the page and type in "diarrhea" in the Search box...read some old threads about others experiencing the same thing. It might give you some ideas. It's a slow holiday weekend here on LBT so rather than wait for replies, search out the old ones.

Good luck. It sounds like you have done the right things. On your other thread I saw you took Pepto Bismol, which I though was a great idea. Maybe try it again for a few doses longer? ((((hugs)))

Possible success.......I took the acidolpilus and have not had any productivity of anything but ,,,GAS! This is brand new...What a concept! I knew I needed to get that out, so I may be on the way to being mended. Tha last couple of hours have been rumbling but no running to the toilet at all. So for now i am going to say that was the culprit and go on as if all is okay!

Thanks so much for your support and I'll be around..

Debra

Debra,

I remember having diarrhea a few days after surgery, and it lasted for 3 - 4 days. I didnt get too concerned since I welcomed the "cleansing".

But you had a couple of other things moved around and cut on in your abdomen.

I can understand your concern. As long as its not bloody diarrhea...

Thank you, I was fine until last night again. I stayed off everything but very Clear Liquids. I have been able to get the diarrhea to subside again this mrning, taking the acidophilus, but the rumbling in my intestines is very heavy. I have emailed the Dr. at his email address, but I am hesitant that I shall get a response. My husband is playing golf with my general physician today and will have a copy of my email to see if there is something he can do even if he can call my Bariatric Dr.

The fact that i do noit have a fever, nor do I feel "sick", maybe I can go until tomorrow as I have doing, with little intake of anything heavier than Water consistancy.