Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Really I disillusioned my self thinking I'd be free of the "guilt" of food.

I can't stand this awful feeling of guilt when I'm hungry. Like I'm not doing my part. So aggravated with myself. :bored:

Ok- I have had this guilt you speak of. I actually posted something similar to you and got great responses. Something I have learned is that it is ok to be hungry. Its human nautre- you're gonna be hungry so get ready for it. Prepare your home with healthy food options and then when you do go to the pantry then you don't have as much guilt eating something good for you. I've often had the moments of "oh, I really shouldn't have done that" or "did I really just have to have that"- I've been told that those moments will always happen, but you have to counter balance. If you are gonna eat bad- be ready to work a little harder getting it off. The band isn't magic, it's a buddy system- you are the buddy. Treat it well and it will do good things for you. food has been such a large part of our lives, hince why we have all been banded and are taking back control. I still crave, I still have things I shouldn't but I make up for it. Dont' be down on yourself, it will only make you hold on to the weight more.

weight.png

Hunger is normal and you have no reason at all to feel guilty. Just make sure you are picking the right food choices and not relying on sliders/sugar to make the hunger go away.

Really I disillusioned my self thinking I'd be free of the "guilt" of food.

I can't stand this awful feeling of guilt when I'm hungry. Like I'm not doing my part. So aggravated with myself. :bored:

food is not your enemy. We all have bad habits that follow us even after banding. We just learn as we go along how to deal with them better. This is a lifestyle change. Not a give up everything or the band won't work. Remember this is NOT a diet. It's ok to be hungry. It's also ok the enjoy and give into those urges once and awhile. Everything in moderation. If you deprive yourself of the good things once and awhile you will fail. Why? Because it's too much like a diet then. Do not beat yourself up if you fall off the path once and awhile. Just get back on. Do remember that food is an addiction. And that addiction will unfortunately follow you forever. Maybe next time instead of beating yourself up about the food that you want, you can take a peice of paper and make a pro and con section. Write down the pros and cons of chosing that food of choice. This in turn makes you wait a few minutes, and usually (not all of the time and it doesn't work for everyone) you wind up changing your mind anyway.

If you are really hungry and have already eaten your food, then try drinking more fluids. I keep a bottle of diet snapple or a Water bottle with me all of the time.

You are doing wonderful. Keep telling yourself that.

Thanks so much for the insight and feedback. I appreciate you all.

I'm only a month post op and I tend to be a worrier anyway, and I'm expecting miracles when really I need to chill out, relax and enjoy this new life. I'm going to regroup.

"The band isn't magic, it's a buddy system- you are the buddy."

Thank you for this, it made an impact on me.

Just stop it ! ok really we ALL get hungry its just a matter of understanding why. Has your restriction deminished?( talk to Dr) are you making wise protien choices?( enough protien is critical )Are you bored? ( do something else)............don't head forthe refridge.....take a walk to anywhere.