Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Some things to take into consideration

Ok, I was banded june of 2008. Done great, lost 100 pounds, however, I have GI problems, that caused me to have episodes of vomiting blood, due to excessive GERD. Well, November of last year I lost my insurance, and no one told me how much a fill would cost. 700.00. Well, thats out of the question. Well, long story short, I spent 7 months without insurance, and had gained 50 pounds back. I am not happy. So, also I just recently gotten my insurance back, and had hoped to get things going again until I got gastric bypass. Well, that is what Im waiting on. Tuesday, of this week woke up sick, throwing up blood, pain all in my stomach. Had to leave class to go to the ER. Tests were done, and they found my band slipped, and that I had a hernia. Well, here I am kinda happy that I did get all this cause I want the band out. Its causing me so much problems, pain, and disappointment. For me this tool, is not what I needed. It worked, and I done all I could. But my prior diseases kept me from losing anymore. Well, they didnt admit me, and sent me home, stating that its not bad enough to remove the band. Well, its still causing me pain, im still throwing up blood, and I dont know whats left to do. My doctor planned on doing a double surgery that day. When I get the gastric. Im scared, but, I cant let myself get as big as I once was before. It has been an interesting journey. And I thank the band for all its done to help me along the way. But, having stomach problems, its not a good thing to have. Doctor says this should eliminate my GI problems, greatly. But, Have any of you ever had anything like this? I need help cause Im in so much pain, and distress, the ER will not do anything for me. Please I need advice. All that I can get. Thanks for listening.

Leslie Chappell

BTW, the weight below is only a reminder as to what I got down to. Im now 288. More depressed than ever. :bored:

I am sorry the ER cant/wont help you. Hopefully you surgeon can prioritise your surgery and get you in quick. you will be fine! gastric bypass will certainly help you with your weight loss. I have a freind who has lost 110lbs since jan 5th, 2010. I hope you feel better with your stomache problems. Please let us know how your doing! J

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• BetterLeah

Woohoo! I have 7 more days till surgery, So far I am already down a total of 20lbs since I started this journey. 
      · 1 reply
      1. NeonRaven8919

Well done! I'm 9 days away from surgery! Keep us updated!

• Ladiva04

Hello,
      I had my surgery on the 25th of June of this year. Starting off at 117 kilos.😒
      · 1 reply
      1. NeonRaven8919

Congrats on the surgery!

• Sandra Austin Tx

I’m 6 days post op as of today. I had the gastric bypass 
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • RacMag  »  bhogue925

Hi, I’m new here. I’m currently on the liver shrinking diet. So far so good, but I have to say I haven’t found a protein shake I like. Anyone have any suggestions please? My surgery date is September 17th. 
      · 2 replies
      1. BlondePatriotInCDA

Fairlife Core are by far the best. They taste just as they are - chocolate milk. You can either get the 26 grams or the 42 grams (harder to find and more expensive). For straight protein look at Bulksuppliments.com ..they have really good whey proteins and offer auto ship plus they test for purity. No taste or smell...

2. BlondePatriotInCDA

Fairlife has strawberry, vanilla and of course chocolate. No more calories than other protein drinks. Stay away from Premiere, they're dealing with lawsuits due to not being honest about protein content.

• Doctor-Links

HGH For Sale
      hgh for sale at our online pharmacy

Human growth hormone (HGH) is a small protein which is made in part of the brain called the pituitary gland. It travels in your bloodstream all over your body to make your body grow.
      HGH is very important in the body. It is needed for children to grow normally. It helps make sure there is enough muscle and fat in the body. It keeps our bones healthy.
      Buy Rybelsus online, Rybelsus tablets
      You can order for wegovy at our online pharmacy
      Check for the prices of 0.25mg, 0.5mg and 1mg at our online pharmacy and buy ozempic.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches