Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi Folks: I'm Nicole. A french teacher from NJ. 2 days post op at this point. Sorta uncomfortable but yeah that's to be expected. Just wanted to say hello to everyone and introduce myself. I'm all for learning from those who have more experience with this,truthfully I'm a little shocked I was brave enough to do this. But I'm glad I have and though subsisting on chicken broth, ice pops and crystal light is not thrilling i'm actually feeling pretty great.

anyone have feedback on how long really it will take before i can stand and walk like a human being again haha!! I'm such an active lady this is bizarre!

:biggrin:

Congratulations on your surgery. My date is not until July 1st and I am really excited. I wish you well on your journey.

Thanks for your kind words! I give u credit being a naval spouse i almost married a midshipman once...still have incredible respect for what he did.

Surgery was no big thing, the IV pinched worse than anything else. :biggrin:

I was doing laundry on the third day, that was a few weeks ago. Hang in there! I was told to get up and walk as much as possible. It worked!

Bonjour! Je m'appelle "PhillyGirl." Je vivais en France quand j'etais jeune, mais j'ai oublie beaucoup.

En anglais: I have just started the process (going to a seminar on July 10). It's good to see you're in such good spirits after the surgery. Vous me donnez courage!

Merci.

hi....you'll be up and walking and your normal self like in about a month.....it sounds like you're full of energy....so i don't think you'll have any problems. goodluck!!!:thumbup:

Welcome I'm Jennifer and I am now 4 weeks post-op and finally eating solid food (for the last 2 days) and I can't believe I made it. I was up and moving and feeling back to myself after about a week. I walked as much as I could which really helped and the discomfort was gone for me after about a week. So hang in there not much longer now.:thumbup:

Hi Folks: I'm Nicole. A french teacher from NJ. 2 days post op at this point. Sorta uncomfortable but yeah that's to be expected. Just wanted to say hello to everyone and introduce myself. I'm all for learning from those who have more experience with this,truthfully I'm a little shocked I was brave enough to do this. But I'm glad I have and though subsisting on chicken broth, ice pops and crystal light is not thrilling i'm actually feeling pretty great.

anyone have feedback on how long really it will take before i can stand and walk like a human being again haha!! I'm such an active lady this is bizarre!

:)

Congratulations on your surgery. I remember it taking about a week to feel normal enough. I moved around enough the first few days, but I really wasn't doing great until about day 8. I think the lack of food and reduced calorie count while on liquids had a lot to do with it. As soon as I started mushies I felt much better.:thumbup:

Hello, congratulations on your surgery, I'm two weeks post op,and feeling great , i think that after your first week you will start to feel better, just walk as much as possible , iI think thats what helped me the most.:thumbup:

Thanks for all your kind welcoming words. I appreciate them so very much!