Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Gross question - SORRY!!!!

I was banded on Tuesday, June 15th. I am still on a clear liquid diet. Yesterday was I was allowed to add 1 Protein Shake made with 1% milk. I have been experiencing gas post surgery. I know this is normal and from the gas they used during the surgery.

Here is the gross part. Today, i experienced wet gas that was yellow in color. No BM's yet not even the urge to. Could this be from the milk? I've been on Clear liquids for 6 days now. Could the addition of milk be the cause of this?

If so, does anyone know how long this will last???

Hello

If you are not putting any food in that contain fibre then you are not going to get solid stools.

Are you adding any clear soluble fibre to your liquids? This will help prevent excessively loose stools and also stave off Constipation once you start on small amounts of mushy or solid food. Fibre is your friend :-)

Your BM should improve with the addition of fibre.

I believe fibre should be a significant part of your intake from here on in to pre-empt problems and as much as I love Albran, it is way easier to put spoons of soluble fibre in liquids :-)

good luck

I didn't personally experience this, but I've read several posts about it. I think someone actually called them "Squarts" ??? LOL! Sadly, I'm not kidding!

From what I've read, it's just a normal side effect to the change in diet, and the addition of pain medication. Once you advance your diet to mushies, and wean your system off the meds, you should start to see your system level out.

Hope you start to feel better soon!

Banded 6-10

I posted about the same question a few days ago and they are right, it does go away, I am on full liquids now it has improved. Still having some gas but its not like it was before.:smile2:

It gets better, but when I really up my Protein intake I can't laugh too hard or bend at the waist. I was banded in October. This has created some interesting moments as I teach High School! LOL

Good Luck!

LOL @ the post above!

I had the same thing 2-3 days post op. I got a couple painkiller shots and an antibiotic shot in the hospital, and my symptoms (identical to yours), were as a result of that medication, according to the surgeon's assistant. (Yes I called it was embarrassing). Only happened for about a day and then it was gone.

I agree with the Fiber comments. 10000000%.

:-)