Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

45 mins today on the Wii Fit Plus- mixed it up cardio heavy with some yoga and strength straining... I made my goal :) and I can honestly say that I was contemplating not exercising after work today but I so wanted to be able to post that I made it on here... so thanks!

160/150

Next week I am adding ten more minutes to what I did this week so new goal:

170 Minutes

Very Impressive, monkeymama!! I was banded on 6/1 and have been a total exercise slacker. I am having knee problems (did before the surgery) and it's just so hard to get up and go before or after work when it hurts to walk. *whine*

You are inspiring me. I am going to set a small goal starting today of 15 minutes exercise per day. I know it's not near enough..but I am starting small. I have a pool where I live, so I should be able to swim a couple days a week (got a new suit yesterday).

Thanks for the inspiration! And great job reaching your goal!

monkeymama,

I am inspired too. I was banded April 7 and have lost 50 pounds total, but two weeks ago I got sick and with the heat have just not getten myself off the couch to walk anymore. I am a slug. I have not lost weight for two weeks.

So today I went and checked out a gym that is really nice and my husband said he would join with me! We are going to sign up n Wednesday, which is my birthday.

I figured out how to put an exercise ticker on - it is on the same site. I did mine with minutes. I plan to do 150 minutes per week until September 1 - a total of 1200 minutes. By then I hope to have made it a habit and lost a lot more weight!

Edited by Froggie D

Monkeymama,

Thank you for posting this! I actually thought of this post when I got home from work cuz I didn't feel like taking another walk (did 30 minutes at lunch). Then I thought of you and walked another 20 minutes! :) I have walked 154 minutes this week and have one more day of my exercise week left! Thank you so much for the motivation! Good job on your week btw! VERY impressive! :smile2:

Jilly & Froggy- Welcome aboard! Glad to have more company here. I have been a slacker these past two days with exercise... did too 12 hours shifts and well just went home and slept! So this morning I had to do something- 16 minutes of yoga... it's a start right. Hope to get some gym time in after work today....

16/170 (lol that looks so pathetic)

Very Impressive, monkeymama!! I was banded on 6/1 and have been a total exercise slacker. I am having knee problems (did before the surgery) and it's just so hard to get up and go before or after work when it hurts to walk. *whine*

You are inspiring me. I am going to set a small goal starting today of 15 minutes exercise per day. I know it's not near enough..but I am starting small. I have a pool where I live, so I should be able to swim a couple days a week (got a new suit yesterday).

Thanks for the inspiration! And great job reaching your goal!

Vjack- 15 mins a day is not a small goal at all!!! Glad to have you aboard as well!!! How have you been doing this week?

Hi all, I too just joined the gym and loving it! yesterday I did some weights and treadmill. Today going to do hot yoga! Love it!

I can't believe I did 6 days last week! I did slack off on Sunday...oh well.

So far, yesterday my sister and I did TurboSculpt for 40 mins then 30 minute hip hop abs. This morning, I did the 30 minute hip hop abs again, so I'm in for 140 minutes for this week. We can do this!

Good job guys!!!! Today is the first day of a new week. Taking today off, but waking up at 5am to walk before work. I can't believe how much exercise has helped my weight loss.

Monkeymama...you are by no means a slacker! I'm a nurse and I have worked alot of 12 and 16 hours shifts and they are by no means easy!!! Good job on getting yourself motivated to start exercising for the week! You are doing a good job! :)

Good luck everyone with your week! :)

30 mins of aerobics this evening- I can't believe I exercised twice in one day... Juliansmom you inspired me :) Thanks

46/170

And you keep me going, mama! It's a mutual mama motivation society ;-)!

Tomorrow I am joining the gym, so I will be starting to exercise again and hope to get my weight loss started again - no really loss for over two weeks now (only 0.2 pounds). Got to get moving. :)

nice job Monkeymama!!!!! I walked 58 minutes today and did 3.1 miles! :) Good luck getting through your plateau..they really suck! :)

OK, I joined the gym today and even got my husband to join with me. I did 12 minutes on the elliptical machine (6 forward and 6 backward) 6 minutes on the arc machine (I have never used that before) and walked 27 minutes walking the track in my heart range. A total of 45 minutes for my first day out.

I get a free session with a trainer to set up a program and three free sessions to work on it. They will call me tomorrow to get set up.

I also get a free 30 minute massage. Woohoo! I am doing that on Saturday.

I am glad you started this thread Monkeymama so I can report in regularly. I need it.

Glad to here others are doing well too. It really does help to have someone to compare notes with. :)

Looks like we are having a good week here!!! Froggie that's great that your DH is going to the gym with you. I did 30 mins upper body, back and butt yesterday... Hoping to get on the elliptical today!

76/170

I did 16 minutes on the elliptical and 8 on the Arc Trainer on Thursday and walked for another 21 minutes in my heart range. I have not heard from the trainer for my free sessions yet. I have not started any machines or weights except aerobic so far. I did not go today, but am going Sat AM to work out and then get my free massage!

I am sore, but feel energized.