Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm glad I have made this decision to get banded. My date is July 12th. I let someone hinder me from doing this two years ago, an ex friend of mine, she told me only lazy people got the surgery and If i got it she would be so mad at me for not trying. Truth is I have tried and tried. One time in my life I lost 20lbs. and then I don't know what the hell happened. But I been big all my life I was in plus sizes in middle school. I can't remember when I was small, I was always a chunky munky. I seen some pictures when I was like 7 and I was mad skinny but from there I have no idea what happen...Good virginia cooking I guess.

But back to the point, I remember being so upset with her and I didn't share my pain with her because she wouldn't have understood. One day we went into a Charlotte Rousse and she was all like help pick out an outfit and find you something...NOW SHE KNOW DAMN WELL NO PLUS SIZES ARE IN THAT DAMN STORE...but she was all like plus sizes are here...ummm no boo boo 12 isn't me im a size 24/26..I was upset I didn't want to go to another store with her ass from that day forward. Keep in mind my two best friends that I have they are small and I have no problems going to the store with them because they don't make me feel like shit lol. But it was the way she did things that really blew smoke out of my ears.

we're no longer friends because she now has a boyfriend and no one is relevant to her but him...she TEXTED me five days later after my birthday...then she was too busy to talk to me when I called..I only called because I was crying about the death of my Grandma which she died a month before my birthday...yeah so this year started off with fuckery...but next year...things will turn around... :thumbup::tongue::scared2:

I love that you are going with "Me Power". My personal opinion is that you can't be a sexy and wonderful person on the outside if you don't feel that way on the inside.

You stay strong cause you know your grandmother would be proud of you.

Thank you :thumbup:

Glad that you are no longer in this toxic friendship. I think it's terrible that you put off doing what is best for you based on what someone else thought. We have to look after ourselves because if we don't no-one else will.

I am so glad that you are no longer her friend. People that haven't had a weight problem just don't understand the prejudice that comes with it. They don't understand how we have to pay for pedicures because we can't bend over to cut our toenails, or how hard it is to wash all the parts in the shower, or how we take up more than one seat on a plane, or how we have to make sure the aisle is large enough for us to walk down without knocking everything off the hangers. I am glad my mother is my best friend because she has had the band and then she had the sleeve done so she understands what it is like to be overweight and to be skinny. I am 9 months post-op and have lost some weight but still have that big girl thinking. I still buy clothes that are too big to cover my body, I figure if I don't want to see it why would anyone else?

Sorry about your Grandma, I was very close to mine and she passed away 5 years ago and I still miss her to this day. Good luck with your surgery.

I am so glad that you are no longer her friend. People that haven't had a weight problem just don't understand the prejudice that comes with it. They don't understand how we have to pay for pedicures because we can't bend over to cut our toenails, or how hard it is to wash all the parts in the shower, or how we take up more than one seat on a plane, or how we have to make sure the aisle is large enough for us to walk down without knocking everything off the hangers. I am glad my mother is my best friend because she has had the band and then she had the sleeve done so she understands what it is like to be overweight and to be skinny. I am 9 months post-op and have lost some weight but still have that big girl thinking. I still buy clothes that are too big to cover my body, I figure if I don't want to see it why would anyone else?

Sorry about your Grandma, I was very close to mine and she passed away 5 years ago and I still miss her to this day. Good luck with your surgery.

Exactly I been overweight for a long time. Its time for a change.