Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hello i have been coming on this web site since i first started my nutrition meetings. I think it is very helpful. Well i finally have a surgery date june 24 is the big day. I'm at that time where i'm kind of going back and forth with myself, but i know i have to do and that im going to be okay the surgery is the easy part it's what comes after i'm nervous about, but i will just take it minute by minute and eventually that will turn into day by day.

I was banded on June 7, and yes the 1st 2 days were pretty rough for me, by day 3 and every day after that it gets better. You will do great....think positive. I lost 18# for my first week, with NO preop diet or weight loss. Good luck to you! and keep coming back to the forum, its great help!!!

I was banded Feb. 10, 2010 - it took me about 6 days to really feel like myself again.

This forum is great - as long as you remember that each person on here is different, and each of our bodies is unique. I had to constantly remind myself to stop comparing/contrasting my healing time, weight loss, exercise routines, etc. with everyone else's.

Danielle hit the nail on the head - think positively! You're on your way to a healthier you! :)

Hi I am also getting my band on the 24th. Kind of nervous but just want to be on the other side.

I'm going to tell you a secret. I was thoroughly petrified going into surgery. I kept telling myself that I could still back out right until they put the mask on my face. When I woke up, I wondered just what the eff had I been thinking. Two days later, the pain has subsided some and I realize that life will be much richer for my decision.

Hi I am also getting my band on the 24th. Kind of nervous but just want to be on the other side.

dont be nervous because you will be so happy at them ending results and girl I dont regret a minute of it check out my blog...

Thanks everyone for the support. I do appreciate it bunches. I am now doing my full week of liquids only, its going okay. I'm glad i'm at work because being home and bored is worse. Oh and my doctors office called the other day and told me they needed to do my surgery on the 25th instead of the 24th so i have to be nervous one more day.

it is perfectly normal to be nervous, i think everyone who has gone through the surgery has been nervous....just keep in mind that everything will be fine and your surgery will be a success. Godbless and goodluck:thumbup:

I sat next to a woman in the nutrition class today and we were talking about being nervous. Our surgeries are the same day. It was funny, she was nervous about being able to follow all the new ways of eating, etc. I asked her if she was nervous about the surgery itself, because that is my main fear! She wasn't nervous about that at all! I feel like I'm making a deal with God everyday about this surgery...I'm VERY nervous about being put to sleep (first time). I feel like when I wake up from the surgery itself it will be the happiest, most relieved moment of my life and I won't even care about how much pain I'm in :thumbup: Then reality will sink in and I'm sure I will go through all the ups and downs of life again, but will be happier knowing that the surgery is DONE!

Ooops, I posted too soon, because I forgot to say GOOD LUCK to you and I know you will be on the other "happy" side very soon :thumbup: