Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hello everyone,

I will be going for my first fill tomorrow and I am a little nervous. I haven't lost any weight since surgery on April 29th I did lose 18lbs pre surgery and I haven't gained that back. I do need a fill as I am more and more hungry and can eat way too much. I will let you all know how it goes.

Talk to you soon

Kathy

Congrats on losing 18 lbs! I was banded on 4/29/10 I just got my fill last wed. I was a nervous wreck. It really was the easiest thing, very fast. I am afraid of needles, but this hurt less than a shot. Good Luck!!

The "thinking about it" was the worst part!

And I'm not a huge fan of getting shots! I was scared when she came at me..and she told me that (while she was giving me the fill) I could let go of the exam table..

:(

easypeasy!

Well first fill went good not sure how much, but I do know not a lot and I am okay with that. I am very aware that this is a process so I am not expecting anything out of the ordinary.

Hi!

Glad to hear your first fill was a breeze! How are you feeling now? Has your eating changed?

I was banded on 6/1, and was scheduled for a fill on 6/28, but I have been really hungry so they will fill me on Tuesday the 22nd.

I am losing weight--down 14 lbs sinced I 6/1, but am finding that I'm not satisfied after I eat..and get hungry a couple hours later.

The great thing is, I've been having no problems taking large pills, or getting anything down. I'm hoping the fill willl work it's magic, but won't change that. :smile2:

I am still very sore somewhere near my port area. I can't feel my port, but it hurts to even touch the skin about 4" below the big incision site. Will be glad to have the NP look at it when I go on Tues.

Well for starters I don't actually feel any different, but eating has changed I cannot eat some of the things I could before the fill so I am back to my learning stag. I can get fluids down no problem, I have been eating with my fingers to make sure I don't put anything to big in my mouth just becaue that is my biggest issue. I am losing weight I am at about 21 libs since I went on my pre op so this fill has kick started me again.

Well for starters I don't actually feel any different, but eating has changed I cannot eat some of the things I could before the fill so I am back to my learning stag. I can get fluids down no problem, I have been eating with my fingers to make sure I don't put anything to big in my mouth just becaue that is my biggest issue. I am losing weight I am at about 21 libs since I went on my pre op so this fill has kick started me again.

Thanks for the feedback, BobKat. Eating with your fingers is an interesting tactic! I'll keep that in mind as I go through the journey. Congratulations on losing 21 lbs--that is awesome!

V

I had my surgery on April 7th, with 3 cc's in my band...and my first fill on May 24th. They added 1.5 cc's. I lost 5 lbs that week but gained it all back the following week with no diet changes. The next week, with no diet changes (I'm pretty good about following all the requirements) I lost 3 lbs, and this week lost 1. It's weird but I know I am getting smaller as things that didn't fit 2/3 weeks ago fit now, or are even kinda loose. Good to hear everyone is doing well!

I had my first fill yesterday. I had surgery on 05/21/10 so it was just over a month. It was easy and I am glad. I don't like needles and thought I would freak, but I didn't feel a thing. I am hungry today. Trying to stay on liquids and pureed foods, but man am I hungry.

I had surgery on 05/13/10, and my first fill on 06/22/10. However, I only have 2 cc's in my 10cc band. The np told me that I can come back in in 2-4 weeks if I felt no additional restriction...and, I don't. I can eat anything I want, and make myself not eat too much...I could eat more, but am trying hard to remain committed to making this work. I find myself asking "why have the band if I have to still control myself so tightly?"...has anyone else had any experience in having too little of a fill? Isn't the point of the band to feel constricted?

I had my first fill today. My surgery was on 6/2 and I will make four weeks on Wednesday. I was hungry all the time. I went in today because a suture was pushing out. While I was there, I informed the np that I was hungry all the time. She gave me a fill on the spot. I am hoping this makes it easier. I have been losing weight since the surgery by sheer willpower. The fill really was so much easier than I thought it would be.