Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am two weeks post op and am eating like I never had surgery. Like today, I had three eggo waffles for Breakfast, a bowl of red Beans and corn bread, and two PB&J sandwiches. Could yall eat all of this 2 weeks post op? Am I not following the rules by eating so much? I'm really worried that I'm going to stretch out my pouch and then the surgery would have been for nothing, but I just can't help it.. I'm just so hungry.

I don't know if I could eat that 2 weeks post op- I didn't even consider trying. Was that all for breakfast or was that three meals? I would steer clear of all those carby foods (waffles, corn bread, sandwich bread) and stick to Proteins. Carby foods make you more hungry. The proteins will fill you up and keep you feeling full longer. As is said on here a lot- the band is just a tool to help with the loss- the work has to come from you.

Oh no, that was all day, not just for breakfast.

Does anyone know of any good Protein enriched foods that won't get stuck? I'm not 100% sure of what a stuck feeling is like, but I tried eating chicken the other day and my chest hurt really badly.

That is definitely not good, I couldn't eat that much. I was just banded on the may 3rd and just had my first fill on Friday, you have to have some self control and watch what you are eating. Do you want to gain more weight in the mean time? You should be sticking to like 800 calories that is what I have done anyway to make sure my weight stays down. Why don't you talk to the nutrionist and see what they recommend for you. Good Luck

Did your Dr. send you home with an eating plan? I am still on mushies 4 weeks out. I agree, I would talk with your dr about this.

Sydney

Just because you can eat those foods doesn't mean you should. Early on it is easy to eat more, especially if you eat the wrong things.

Avoid carbs and you will be much less hungry. I eat canned tuna with a bit of mayo and canned chicken with mayo, deli sliced low fat chicken, beef, ham, and turkey, grilled or baked fish, fat free refried Beans, whole Beans like ham and beans, chili.

If your chest hurt, it was just your band telling you it is there. You need to eat smaller bites, chew, chew, chew, and put your fork down between bites and let it settle in. You will find you eat less if you eat slower and let your body register the fullness.

After I eat my Protein, I eat steamed veggies like cauiflower, broccoli, summer squash, well cooked green beans, and even raw salad veggies like peeled cucumbers, yellow peppers, cauliflower (make sure you chew, chew, chew).

If you get hungry, have a low carb, low fat Protein shake and that will help you appetite stay under control.

The goal is to get 60+ grams of Protein, go easy on the carbs to keep hunger under control, and lose weight. It is a balancing act.

Now is the time to take charge. Good luck!

Edited by Froggie D

I def could not eat like that 2 weeks post op! And i was on mushies, so I wouldnt be trying. But I am almost a month post op and I could not eat that. I get full very quickly. Why are you eating like this anyways?

If you are worried about strentching your pouch, why dont you stop eating like that! You wont have very much success that way.

i'm about 3 1/2 wks out and i am still on mushies. how in the world could you eat all that and not throw up? if you are hungry and are able to eat that then call the dr and talk to them. the band is just a tool, it's not going to stop your hand from picking up the fork and putting the food in your mouth. you are the one that has to control that- no one else. good luck!!

The band is not a "magic pill"! You must do most of the work...especially in the beginning. I was told that "stretching your pouch" is a myth...that it really can't be done. However, you are consuming to many carbs, to many calories and to much food...period. If you plan to be successful than you must "diet" until you reach restriction. Then the band will help you lose weight. And to answer your question, no, I could not consume all of that food nor would I want to. You can do this! Hang in there! Call your doctor for some guidence. Best wishes!

I agree with the others. I have no idea if I could have eaten that because I wouldn't have tried. Your choices for this stage of the diet do not seem to be the best. Are you following the eating plan that your Dr gave you? If not you should start following it straight away because eating foods that are not on the plan before you are properly healed can lead to problems in the future.

Most dr's have a plan that says 2 weeks liquids, 2 weeks mushies and 2 weeks soft foods. If he has this protocol you should be on the mushy stage now. Think things like mashed veggies,pureed fruit, yogurt,ground meats/chicken etc.

Definitely could not have eaten all that food -- was still on a post op diet the mushie stage - would never have thought to eat that even if i was on real food..