Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Seeing as how it melts would it be considered legal on the liquid phase of the diet?

I think it depends on your doctor. Mine told me no, but I've heard others say that it was ok with theirs.

You may want to avoid it simply because it's so high in sugar. But if your doc oks it, then maybe you could eat it in moderation.

Anyone else's thoughts?

Jini,

Hello havn't talked in a while! I'm on the liquid phase also, 6 days post op and yes I have had 1/4 cup sherbert as a "I can't take it anymore" snack and it went well.

I feel your frustration with Soup. I HATE SOUP ALSO! I do like split pea or bean, but am to scared to feel GAS pain after eating it. I had some instant cream of brocolli soup 3 days post op and the GAS was terrible. So I have stayed away from anything which could cause gas.

The other night I took chicken, and chicken noodle cup a soup and blended it....YUK!!!!

Wont do that again! The garbage disposal got that little treat! YUK!!!!

I was wondering, since we can take pills in very small chunks with small sips of Water, could we have chicken noodle cup a soup with noodles and chew them well? Probably not but I thought I would ask.

Seems like our minds play nasty little games with us as far as how and what we might be able to eat? Not to mention how much we should be able to eat at one time?

Well if you have any suggestions for the liquid phase I'm greatful to hear from anyone also!

Good Luck, Schel

This is the liquid diet that is on my doctor's website and is the only thing I followed. As far as sherbert, I would make the quick call to your doctor and ask them. Hope this helps!

STAGE 1 (FIRST FEW DAYS POST-OP)

liquids from the list below. Remember small amounts (4-6 ounces) at a time.

• GO SLOW
  • WHEN YOU FEEL FULL STOP
  • NO CARBONATED drinks

LIQUID DIET

coffee, tea, diluted fruit juice

broth

Blenderized Soup

Skim milk or Lactaid milk

Jell-O, Popsicle’s

Yogurt

Sugar Fee pudding

Cottage cheese

Applesauce, oatmeal, grits, cream of wheat

V-8 low sodium

Protein drinks, carnation instant Breakfast, pure pro powder (no slim fast)

In my opinion though, if you can find a sugar free or fat free sherbert and have a small amount at a time and let it melt before you swallow, it should be fine. But always call your doc first!

I am on day 17 of liquids: 5 pre-op and 12 post.

I have found that if I just cant stand it go-gurt does the trick. It is thinner than normal yogurt. it is not sf but only has like 80 calories. 2.5 oz per serving.

I have blended every kind of Soup that you can imagine. I even blended some cornbread dressing from Thanksgiving with some chicken broth to make it soupy, and a little of the Syrup from the cranberrys...and BAM...a meal with actual flavor.

I have to go until the 7th when I go in for check up till I get mushies....

Well today I had to go to the store to get the necessities for my family; bread, milk, fruit, etc... I went down the baby food isle and found stage 2 chicken nookle Soup baby food.

Came home and had 4 level Tablespoons with 3 Tablespoons of chicken broth pureed in with my hand held blender. I tolerated it well and it tasted ok. Better than the pureed chicken and soup I made the other night. Best of all no gas.

I think part of my problem is I need to slow down when I eat. I'm eating with a baby spoon and now have began to watch the clock when I eat and space my bites a minute apart.

Thanks for everyones help I'll continue to read, read, read!

Schel

When I am tight.. I just live on lite sherbert for a treat... and I lost 30 pounds in 2 months, having sherbert every day.. But I reccomend lite.. (and lime.. lol)

I would think its OK..

Sorbet is better though.