Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

It may not be You

I am so tired of everyone thinking it is them not doing the right thing,

I had a defect in my port. My doctor told me it is not me it is a band problem. The defect in my port was a factory problem. It never did work.

It did however take six months to convince my doctor that the lap band was not working. After six months he took out the Fluid and there was none there.

I had port replacement. Now I am just not doing as good. I think it takes something out of you if you have problems.

I have pictures taken in surgery of the defective port. One day I will post them. The leak was in the part that sat against my insides. He had a hard time finding the leak. You could definitely see there was a defect in the port. It has been sent back to Allergan. I expect nothing from them because that is what I will get.

So some of tests that are being done to you all would not show this type of leak. A floro would show the saline going in but he said it would not show the leak because it was tight against my insides rather than the port top. So it just slowly leaked out until the next fill. He does the pressure thing. It shows great pressure going in the band and then slowly leaks out over about 3 days. Never to be seen in these tests. He tried to check the port while it was in me during surgery and finally had to remove it just to find the leak. New one on him.

My point is don't blame yourself. You may have a lap band problem that hasn't been found. If the doctor said not to blame myself I can go along with that.

My only problem is that I lost 50 pounds with a defective band (port) I am a great dieter so he thought it worked even though I was dieting really good. We all seem to diet good. But it was just me,no band.

Now I am just depressed after all that work. For six months I did the program and lost weight on my own. Sounds great but you develop bad habits because none of the bad stuff that is suppose with the band happens to you so you think it is working and you are doing what you are suppose to.

I did better on weight watchers and wish I had the band taken out rather than repaired.

Some of you may feel you want to keep the band just remember they can't see anything until they get in there.

So after a long speech. IT REALLY MAY NO BE YOU.

Sorry for the long post.

I am so tired of everyone thinking it is them not doing the right thing,

I had a defect in my port. My doctor told me it is not me it is a band problem. The defect in my port was a factory problem. It never did work.

It did however take six months to convince my doctor that the LAP-BAND® was not working. After six months he took out the Fluid and there was none there.

I had port replacement. Now I am just not doing as good. I think it takes something out of you if you have problems.

I have pictures taken in surgery of the defective port. One day I will post them. The leak was in the part that sat against my insides. He had a hard time finding the leak. You could definitely see there was a defect in the port. It has been sent back to Allergan. I expect nothing from them because that is what I will get.

So some of tests that are being done to you all would not show this type of leak. A floro would show the saline going in but he said it would not show the leak because it was tight against my insides rather than the port top. So it just slowly leaked out until the next fill. He does the pressure thing. It shows great pressure going in the band and then slowly leaks out over about 3 days. Never to be seen in these tests. He tried to check the port while it was in me during surgery and finally had to remove it just to find the leak. New one on him.

My point is don't blame yourself. You may have a LAP-BAND® problem that hasn't been found. If the doctor said not to blame myself I can go along with that.

My only problem is that I lost 50 pounds with a defective band (port) I am a great dieter so he thought it worked even though I was dieting really good. We all seem to diet good. But it was just me,no band.

Now I am just depressed after all that work. For six months I did the program and lost weight on my own. Sounds great but you develop bad habits because none of the bad stuff that is suppose with the band happens to you so you think it is working and you are doing what you are suppose to.

I did better on weight watchers and wish I had the band taken out rather than repaired.

Some of you may feel you want to keep the band just remember they can't see anything until they get in there.

So after a long speech. IT REALLY MAY NO BE YOU.

Sorry for the long post.

After all you went through I don't know how anyone could think it was you. You had a defective port. Now that you have a new port maybe things will improve over time. Sounds like you have a good doctor and it is his job to get the band to work the way it should - that is - the proper restriction that is the sweet spot. When the band works as it should and you do your part then the whole thing works.

But the band not working as it should is a bigger problem than most on these boards are willing to admit. Many are very critical of those who struggle.

You know what? Now that you have a working band to go with your dieting skills I bet your going to do great!

Thanks ladies:

I am trying but the motivation is not what it was when I first got the band. I am trying and will continue.

I just hope I get that really great motivation back.