Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How do you feel about tree huggers?

If they really want to save trees, they should be eating beavers. :tongue2:

If they really want to save trees, they should be eating beavers. :tongue2:

Well I guess that makes me a tree hugger, I eat, ah never mind!

Is a tree hugger spomeone who puts the saving the environment above everything else in life?

No, a tree hugger is an environmentalist who understands the delicate balance of nature and the ecosystems. They understand that when you affect one small part of it, it affects the larger part, too. They understand that we get 1/2 of our medicines from the rain forests, which are being destroyed at an alarming rate. And they understand that we are the stewards of this earth and are entrusted to care for it, because everything isn't renewable. Extinct is extinct. I applaud them for their efforts.

Now I know that they are the butt of jokes about some bug or species that they are trying to protect, but that comes from people being woefully uninformed about so many things, not the least of which is our environment. And it speaks volumes about the person making fun of them.

This should explain it. AL GORE! You know the tree-hugger who buys multi-million dollar houses all over the country which use more electric in one year than the country of Iraq! Travels to tree-hugging events in his jets and these same tree-huggers who fight for the cause accept him because of his money. Im not putting Gore down for this, I would do the same if I had his money(fly jets, buy big houses). Im just saying he supports these causes then does the exact opposite of what he says he stands for.

I also must say I've never really cared much for Al Gore so my opinion might be biased.

Im not really against environmentalists, just the hypocrits and extremists (tree-huggers)but I guess you have them no matter what the cause.

To answer your question, my interpretation of a tree hugger is not an environmentalist, its a hypocrit who claims to be an envir. then does everything to contradict what they say they believe!

No, a tree hugger is an environmentalist who understands the delicate balance of nature and the ecosystems. They understand that when you affect one small part of it, it affects the larger part, too. They understand that we get 1/2 of our medicines from the rain forests, which are being destroyed at an alarming rate. And they understand that we are the stewards of this earth and are entrusted to care for it, because everything isn't renewable. Extinct is extinct. I applaud them for their efforts.

Now I know that they are the butt of jokes about some bug or species that they are trying to protect, but that comes from people being woefully uninformed about so many things, not the least of which is our environment. And it speaks volumes about the person making fun of them.

Im not opposed to saving any species. I believe all life is valuable in some way, I hate bugs, but they all have their place(away from me). Everyone is entitled to their own opinion but I dislike the people who put animals above humans, especially dogs over kids comparison. I dont devalue the lives of other species, I just value human life alot more. Ive risked my life for other humans in the past and wouldnt "bat an eye" to do it again but if it comes to me saving a human(i dont know) or my dog or cat, see ya Liam(cat), see ya fluffy(dog)!

This should explain it. AL GORE! You know the tree-hugger who buys multi-million dollar houses all over the country which use more electric in one year than the country of Iraq! Travels to tree-hugging events in his jets and these same tree-huggers who fight for the cause accept him because of his money. Im not putting Gore down for this, I would do the same if I had his money(fly jets, buy big houses). Im just saying he supports these causes then does the exact opposite of what he says he stands for.

Kind of like what many liberals claim us Christians do. Because we fail in one area, our whole phylosophy is deemed wrong.

I also must say I've never really cared much for Al Gore so my opinion might be biased.

Im not really against environmentalists, just the hypocrits and extremists (tree-huggers)but I guess you have them no matter what the cause.

Like I said, there are hypocrites in every area. You can't diss what they believe just because there are those that aren't perfect at keeping to them (Their beliefs).

To answer your question, my interpretation of a tree hugger is not an environmentalist, its a hypocrit who claims to be an envir. then does everything to contradict what they say they believe!

Wow! you really Hate hypocritocal people. Are'nt you hypocritical at anything?

Im not opposed to saving any species. I believe all life is valuable in some way, I hate bugs, but they all have their place(away from me). Everyone is entitled to their own opinion but I dislike the people who put animals above humans, especially dogs over kids comparison. I dont devalue the lives of other species, I just value human life alot more. Ive risked my life for other humans in the past and wouldnt "bat an eye" to do it again but if it comes to me saving a human(i dont know) or my dog or cat, see ya Liam(cat), see ya fluffy(dog)!

I agree totally.

why do so many young men and women devote themselves to the animal rights movement? Perhaps it's because they are seeking meaning and purpose for their lives. Strangely, they're looking for God, but they just don't know it. Thus, they spend themselves in a vain cause based on wrong values.

God made man in His image. None of the animals in the creation were made in the image of God—only human beings.

God gave man dominion over all the animals. That mankind was the apex of God's creation is proven by the fact that God placed all the other creatures and the rest of creation under his rule and care. Have people always taken good care of the animals? No, certainly not. Some have and do mistreat animals, including some in greed-driven, factory-farming methods employed in the mega-agriculture industry. God is not pleased about that. But the wrong actions of human beings do not elevate the moral standing of animals. People are still people in need of redemption, and animals are still animals.

God promises only human beings eternal life as His divine children in His Kingdom. Animals live here and now. Humanity is unique compared to all animals and even to the angels.

God gave human beings a mind vastly greater than that of any animal. Beavers build dams, but none ever developed the technologies to build a Hoover Dam or Aswan High Dam.

God made animals for the provision and enrichment of human beings. People were created to be children in the spirit family God is forming. Everything in the creation on earth, including the animals, He made for our provision, such as clothing and food; for our enrichment, through enjoyment of their beauty and variety; and for helping us develop the qualities of divine character. Animals are powerful teaching tools in the hands of God.

The Bible doesn't talk about "animal rights." But God did give human beings responsibilities concerning animals. He commands and expects people to take care of animals as good stewards of His creation. "The godly are concerned for the welfare of their animals," but the wicked are cruel (Proverbs 12:10, New Living Translation).

The six syllables of anthropomorphizing mean ascribing human attributes or characteristics to nonhuman animals, plants or things. This is the logical fallacy of the animal rights movement—it tries to make animals into pseudohumans. Cartoonists also personify animals, but their cartoons are funny because almost everyone knows that animals don't think and talk like human beings.

God alone defines true moral and ethical values—no matter how many philosophers conduct how many international conferences in how many universities. Because it rejects God's divine revelation as found in the Bible, human ethical philosophy draws wrong conclusions and has no moral authority. The animal rights movement has arbitrarily proclaimed artificial ethics. Like virtually all other human philosophy, it lacks vertical thinking skills. Excerpts from R. Stiver

We couldn't live without plants and animals. Our lives depend on them. So does our health. I support animal rights and contribute to them. I also contribute to human rights as well. I am not confused about what I am looking for. I don't believe people ought to abuse or neglect animals. And I advocate for more responsible pet ownership (spaying and neutering) and adoption of stray pets.

It didn't take long for this thread to morph into another bible quoting, religious one. Yawn. :thumbup:

Wow! you really Hate hypocritocal people. Are'nt you hypocritical at anything?

NO!

Yah, Im sure I am but not at the cost of extorting billions of dollars from people(global warming charade)!

Also Im hypocritical about religion, in case you havent noticed. I dont claim not to be and when I say I hate hypocritical people, how do you know I dont hate myself?

We couldn't live without plants and animals. Our lives depend on them. So does our health. I support animal rights and contribute to them. I also contribute to human rights as well. I am not confused about what I am looking for. I don't believe people ought to abuse or neglect animals. And I advocate for more responsible pet ownership (spaying and neutering) and adoption of stray pets.

It didn't take long for this thread to morph into another bible quoting, religious one. Yawn. :thumbup:

I hug trees, my kids think I am a froot loop... I am a healer... or should I say I facilitate healing for others. I do tai chi and appreciate buddism

Also all these people who used to cry and scare us about "the hole in the ozone layer" causing a greenhouse effect. Well I heard about a month ago they found a way to close the hole but where afraid it might cause a greenhouse effect! I think I posted about this on here somewhere.

Also I posted on this. Dennis Miller was on , I would assume Faux News about 2-3 years ago with I believe a copy of Time Magazine. On the cover the headline was "Global Cooling" from 1970!

Just for the record, I have no clue what the hell Patty is even talking about but yah, It didnt take long.

My next thread will be revolved around something you(Patty) couldnt possibly bring religion into, actually thats impossible!

Get used to it. It's who I am.