Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinking violets- part 6!!!

I meant "already" up there. I can't spell today...

Oh michelle! Congrats! So exciting! How's she feeling?

Judy, don't be afraid to take the pain pills when you feel like you need them that's what they are there for...

Pamela, is that an independent film you were talking about? Last movie we saw was the twilight one. Not my choice!!! It sucked but at least I had popcorn and candy to keep me busy!

Jane! I see you run in and out, in and out. You sound like you're busy!! How's Sallys?

Oh and laura, that was so random with that girl asking for pain pills. Did she think you were a doctor now??

I'm seeing a slight bump on myself now. I'm thinking by 18 weeks ill be able to see a more pronounced bump.

Oh and when I went to my appt on Thursday I had lost 5 pounds. I thought yay but she said no. No more losing weight. Stay the same. I'm not doing anything different so I'm not sure what happened.

I'm ready to feel the baby kick but I haven't yet. Laura, when did you first feel carson kicking?

The 'average' I believe for first time moms to feel the movements is 15w (early side) to 18w (late side).. And lucky me, I didn't feel him till week 23. After that it was unmistakable. I watched that show "I didn't know I was pregnant" and I still don't understand how.. When Carson would flip around in there, it was a tidal wave, you couldn't mistake it for GAS! Or when he'd push his leg out and hold it, it's clear something was in there stretching. Unless you just have the craziest gas in the world. It said if your placenta is on the front of the uterus it can make it harder to feel, so that's the only thing I can think of.

Jane you were close, I am 11w today

dev044pr___.png

My ticker! At home it's all pink, wishful thinking :bolt:

Her middle name is Isabel. I was hesitant to share since that's the name you picked but its juans grandmothers name and I've had that girl name for awhile. Its only a middle name and its just for sentimental reasons since no one will ever call her that. I didn't want to say anything when you first said something since I wasn't even for sure I was having a girl. I figured id cross that bridge if I came to it.

You're silly! I like the name even better now!

If we stick with the name, it's going to be Isabella now. We've gone back and forth between Isabelle and Isabella, and the -a sounds better with the rest of the name. Middle name Marie since it's my family's name (me, aunt, granny, her mom, etc. etc.)

They are both beautiful. They both sound good with Marie. And I love her nickname too. So cute and sweet. More than likely we will call ours Sofie for short.

I love that we didn't have to struggle with this. I know lots of couples that spend months trying to come up with a name. At least that crucial part is done for us.

Hey did you take a birth class? Our hospital offers one but I don't know if it helps?

Hi Girls~

What an exciting morning of talking...I love it! Sophia is a beautiful name (my friends daughter is Sophia or Sophie and she is a beautiful girl getting ready to start Senoma State in a few weeks). Sophia Isabell is sooo pretty!!!

I love Isabella Marie too...omg, sooo pretty! Izzy is too cute! CAN'T WAIT TO MEET THESE LITTLE LADIES!!!

The Kids are Alright was so great! It is in limited release but it is a national regular big movie with Juliann Moore and Annette Benning. It was a beautiful movie about families and the strength and vulnerabilities of them.

Laura~ I love Haydee's suggestion about the quick pm and unfriending them...perfect!

Haydee~ Ignore her, disengage, and talk to others when she is there. Telling MIL you don't care for her etc would kinda start drama. She is your mom and mil's friend...not yours!

That is my two cents kids!

Judy, I can't believe its been 2 weeks almost either!!! Glad you are mending well!

Michelle, congrats to the team for making it to the semi finals... How is DS feeling? I hope she jumps right back on the proverbial horse and gets back to life!!! What an exciting time for her! Did you have the talk?

Janie, I sent you an email. Hope your day goes well today at Sally's. Are you a receptionist there or a stylist? I always wanted to work in a salon as a receptionist. Wear cool clothes, always have great music on loud, make appointments...always sounded like a fun job!

OK...today is just this and that.

I am LOVING my church...it is so thought provoking and mindful...can't wait to go back each week. The "real" minister is off until Sept (I think) and so during the summer it is speakers on various topics. Yesterday's was Don't Believe Everything you Think, but Do Think About Everything You Believe. It was powerful!!! Next week, the speaker will be someone who went to Haiti after the big earthquake to work the relief efforts. Kinda cool...loving it!!!

Ok...off for now! My bff from elementary school scanned and posted a few pix from 1982 of my mom, me and bro on my Facebook page. It was soooo cool to see these pix...I was and am a babe, but it was great to see my mom!

xooxxoxo

Hey did you take a birth class? Our hospital offers one but I don't know if it helps?

We did... we took a parenting class, a birthing class, and a breastfeeding class.

The parenting class was good, esp. for Russ who has never been around a baby in his life (except little bros, but he doesn't remember that). Taught us both how to dress, bathe, diaper, things to not do, developmental info, when not to worry, how to cope with people trying to visit you when you first get home, etc. I thought that was a good class to have.

The birthing class.. I have mixed emotions on it, I would not do it again, or recommend it... BUT if I had a 'normal' birth, maybe it would have been helpful???

They made us watch a real birth video, which freaked us the flip out. That was a bad thing to see whilst pregnant :bolt:

Plus it was a completely natural birth, no pain meds, the woman was like in her living room or something.. it was BAD.

They taught us the lamaze breathing, which I never used... and then taught the husbands how to rub you during labor, which we also never used.

So those 2 things MIGHT have been helpful, had I ended up delivering him? Maybe? I think it would be just as helpful to just watch some videos online (not of people giving birth) but teaching the breathing/massages.

Oh our birthing class also tours you through the L&D ward on the 2nd day, which you may care to do (we didn't go back for day 2).

We won the a.m. game & are now waiting for the 2pm game to begin. If we win this one, then we play the championship game tomorrow a.m. either way we're not heading home til tomorrow.

We Hung out @ panera between games. We've been eating out for days! Yesterday was a great Greek place, then the movies, then Ben & Jerry's!! Oh my!!

Have i mentioned that It's flipping hot here? And humid, Omg! It's like breathing jello! Hate it!

And with that... time to get to the field!

Loving the baby talk!!!

Oooohh jello! That sounds yum! Now I want some!

Congrats on the win this morning and good luck on todays game!

Back from work.

I am just a salesperson at Sallys. Don't you have sallys in California? I thought they were everywhere. They are places you go that sell all kinds of haircare stuff that is not the 'name' stuff like Matrix, Redken etc..., they sell some hair color and perms. It is sort of a cheap place, I hate to say it, but it is true. That is where I work.

Wah we lost, but man, was it ever an excitiing game! It came down to penalty kicks, and ds stopped 3! That's amazing! It's really really hard to stop them. But, sadly, it came down to 1-and-1 and our kicker missed and we lost.

Pamela! Earlier this eve, DS (& thus, me as well) came to within moments of guesting onto another soccer team to play in a tournament next weekend in SAN DIEGO! We were so so so close! But it ended up not happening... maybe next time!

Am so tired from all these days of being outside in the awful heat & humidity. I don't even know how the boys kept playing at full speed... they were amazing! So I'm off to bed now. We'll meander home tomorrow... it's a 7ish hour drive, depending on stops. We're going home by way of our alma mater, so we'll drive through campus and point out all the sights to the kids... and if it's still there, have lunch at "the" place, Spanky's (as in Little Rascals, not anything pervie!). ha ha.

Ok, good night, sleep tight!

Ah I'm sleeping like crap lately! And its only just begun. I don't even have a big belly yet.

Rainy and overcast here lately so everything is blah.

We are going to start on the baby nursery this weekend. We are thinking a light lavender color with pale yellow accents. Did I already mention it? Don't know, my brain is gone lately.

My little friend in my office is MIA. Hopefully he's gone for good.

My stomach is rumbling. I have to find a snack...

The nursery sounds pretty, make sure you take before/during/after pics--and share!!

Driving up the hiway on trip home... I just worked for a couple hours til battery died. Now I guess I'll watch farms roll by. We're going to stop @ JMU & reminisce about our glory days... sure the kids will enjoy that, lol!