Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinking violets- part 6!!!

Pamela, one of my customers always talks about QVC, I think she is addicted, seriously, she is an older woman, and tells me about things on there all the time!!

THAT IS GREAT ABOUT EXERCISING!!!!!!!!!!!!

Michelle, how are you doing!!

Alright, off to bed, and I DON'T HAVE TO SET THE ALARM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What a crisp, beautiful morning here in Md! I'm out on the deck w/a cup of coffee, listening to all the birds singing... what a lovely way to begin the day.

Everyone make it a good one!

Good morning, Violets..

The sun is shining and it's going to be a beautiful day. We're spending it with family today. Everyone enjoy and relax..

Morning girls~

I sent everyone pix and a card...hope everyone got 'em. I know a few of you did...just making sure!

I took today off from the gym and slept in (which is just as important). Today is relax, read, grade papers, swim, repeat! I will go to the gym tomorrow before church, then we need to go to costco. We are going to a bbq for the 4th, and I want to bring something.

Michelle, your morning sounds great!

Soooo glad Germany won. Sus is wearing her German shirt, screaming at the TV. Well, they are still playing but it is 3-0. It will make for a better day around here!

Enjoy your sleeping in Jane.

Laura, how is the man child today? I hope this helps him. How are your parents? I can't imagine...

OK girls...enjoy and if your off starting the 4th early...enjoy and be safe!

xooxxoxoxo

Way to go, Germany! I think they're the team to beat!

I went to Sam's Club... got a package of 3 slabs of baby back ribs for tomorrow... mmmmm. + other essentials, like Swedish Fish. :thumbup: How did they jump into the cart?

Michele, maybe the swedish fish are like the japanese carp, I think they are Japanese anyways, that are jumping into peoples boats on the rivers and knocking them out!! Except being swedish they just jump in the cart!?

I did enjoy sleeping late!! I really don't like the alarm waking me up!!

Judy, enjoy your weekend!!! Sounds nice!!

I hope Haydee and Juan are having a safe trip.

Carson, are you okay????????????

How about you Laura????????????????????

WOOOHOOO on that exercising Pam! Russ started some 10 minute trainer program (it's actually 20-30m) today.

Carson and I played on the floor and watched him heh.

Carson is doing great, waking up from anesthesia was the worst of it. They took me back to recovery and put me in a bed and then brought him in and he was just waking up and screaming bloody murder (I remember how crappy anesthesia makes you feel!!) and I just rocked him and tried to give him a bottle.. he fought at first, and then would drink like a mad man, scream, repeat. We went through 6 bottles of stuff! I only brought 1 bottle of milk, had the nurse go get me whatever they could find.. pedalyte, Water, apple juice. I felt bad for other people coming into recovery. I remember when I was a kid and got my tonsils out, coming in and out of anesthesia to a baby screaming. I could tell that's what everyone else was doing, he'd start screaming and other people would wake up groaning. It was a mess. Took about 30m to get him to calm down.. they took us to a room before discharge where my mom & russ met us.. and he was ready to play! Came home, played some, took a nap, and he was good as new. He's at my parents' tonight. I'm making a red white and blue cheesecake...... I have no baking skills, everything tastes good but my execution of design NEVER works. :thumbup:

As for parent's house, they had a lead (someone my sister knew, who robbed her house--they gave the cops his name when they were there). Then someone called in and said they were at that person's house and were bragging about the stolen TV they bought. Cops checked it out, it was one of their tv's. He wasn't there of course, his dad said he wouldn't buy a stolen tv knowingly blah blah.. So there's a warrant for his arrest, but there's no telling where he is, he wasn't home. They're hoping to arrest him, and find out if he stole it and where stuff is, or if they can figure out who his dealer is that took the stuff (this guy is a known drug addict).

My bro use to be my anti-drug, looks like my sis is my new anti-drug. Screw all that drama!!!!

Poor 'lil guy... glad he's feeling better already!

Drama sux. Hang in there!

Mmmmm... cheesecake!

Hey Girls~

Done w/ the gym!!! Next up is shower then church! Susanne is not going with me...oh well. I like it, and I want to go. Something happened to me this past week...I FEEL ALIVE! I think it is the exercise, but I feel engaged in life. I like having a church to go to as well...thought about it all week. I like the political and social aspect of this church. We will see how long this "alive" feeling lasts! But I like it! I woke up at 6:30 and thought...time to go work out because I am ALIVE and ENGAGED in my life! Pretty cool for the first thought of the day!

Wishing everyone a happy and safe holiday! We need to hit costco later, then up the hill for a bbq! Think I will be the designated driver tonight...want to push the cardio tomorrow and don't want an "overhang"! haha

What are the plans for my violets?

Laura, so glad the man child is doing well! I really hope this works well for him!

xooxxoxo

This violet is not going anywhere today. I am happy about it!! I miss my Mondays where sometimes I didn't have anything going on, that hasn't happened in a couple months!

I guess Haydee is almost out of her third month, I hope her trip was safe and as nice as can be under the circumstances.

Michelle, how are YOU???????????

Pamela, I never wake up alive, you are doing GREAT exercising!!!

Judy, where are you? Did a firework come and take you away???????????

Good evening, Violets..

Nope Janie.. no firecracker.. just busy with the garden and relaxing. Went to church with Bob today. He gave a great sermon. Even after 41 years of listening to him, I still learn something each time. The people at his church have said they don't want the search process to proceed to quickly... they really love Bob and don't want to see him go. He's loving it there too.. it's a perfect gig for a retired pastor.

We went to the Maritime Festival here in town after church and had a fresh whitefish sandwich for lunch. Came home and after checking messages, I changed and went to the pool. I usually do my exercises first, but the sun was shining and I decided to do my lounging first. I kinda fell asleep.. for a half hour and then woke up and did my exercises. I LOVE my pool! We planted a few petunias today to color things up a bit and I have a few little chores to do outside yet before Saturday. Tomorrow Bob has a funeral and I have my hospital shift and then lunch out with the chair of the Board of Trustees of the church. She's the one that got things really rolling to get the minister out. Takes a woman!!

I'm off to get some things done out back before the rains come in tomorrow.

Everyone enjoy your evening!!

We just had a heavy rain, but I think it passed and hopefully it won't ruin anyone's outdoor plans!!

Sort of enjoying a do nothing day. Doing a little of this and that.

Going to make a pretzel Jello in a little bit, never made it before, we will see.