Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinking violets- part 6!!!

Good afternoon, Violets..

Drive by post again. Therapy this morning was grueling. Was bending at 82 degrees and she got me to 95 in 10 minutes, but I thought I was going to die. Natural child birth is a piece of cake compared to the torture today. Left there, came home, iced the knee, took a pain pill, napped and am now in my happy place again only to have to go back to therapy tomorrow morning. At least it will be with my regular therapist, not the lady today who just kept saying.. breathe, breathe, while she bent the heck out of my knee. This too shall pass. Two weeks ago I was still in the hospital, so I guess I'm making good progress. I told my therapist.. the NICE one.. that I was going to Ca. in Sept. so that's our goal. To get me up and walking and sitting and comfortable before then. AND I get to go in the pool on Sunday!! Wooo hooooo!!

Everyone have a great day.

Judy, I had a therapist who did a massage on my muscles all around my knee first, it felt great, she then pushed it back and that helped me a lot. It was a warm oil and they knew how to stroke the muscles. felt great. then I got the mean one and it was push back, try to push my arm back out while I'm pushing. didn't look forward to PT for sure but I guess it's part of recovery. I can walk a long distance but now my other knee is giving me problems. great.

Hey girls~

Jane, Tahoe is beautiful!!! I grew up there, every summer on my dad's boat (one of the perks of being a product of divorce). I actually got my first period there as well. I had so many dad memories there. Going to be nice to see it!!

Laura, yay on the gym!

Judy, boo on the nasty therapist...so glad you are making great progress!

Haydee, can't wait to see pix of the nursery!! I think lavender is beautiful. How many rooms do you have in your house? So when Sophia grows up, will she move into her own room and you will keep the nursery as a nursery? I didn't see your house when we were there!

Michelle, hope you are doing ok!

Did everyone get their tix to PS yet? just checking! Email me the itineraries so I can schedule pick ups and drop offs. I think I am going to ask my friend to switch cars w/ me and we can use her mini van while ya'll are here. It is easier than to rent one, which w/ all of us, we will need to get to Disney, downtown to Las Cas, etc! CAN'T WAIT!

OK...off to chillax...had a huge lunch today, need a nap!

xoxoxo

I bought my tix a month ago and e-mailed it to you...do I need to resend?

Judy, it sounds like you're still in a bad place with therapy, how long do they anticipate you needing to be on pain meds to be able to tolerate all the pain?

Pam, thanks I got your mail today!!

Long day at work. Lot of stuff going on at work. I hate unhappy places and people......

I just heard on the news that Ellen DeGeneres is not doing AI next year? HMMMM................

Happy thoughts, three more days of work, then one day of rest and pity the person who would call me early Monday!!

YES, please resend it, and put Laura itinerary in subject line, so I can keep 'em all together. I am just starting to think of logistics, etc.

SAD ABOUT ELLEN...loved BB!

I am not as wild about bb as other years, but like the outcome tonight also!

I am off to bed, will send my stuff to you in the next few days, but I am with Judy if you get hers first. I leave with her also. Maybe at the airports so you don't tucker yourself out you should think about a wheelchair Judy. It is not like Dallas and Chicago are small ones. I use one with my mom all the time, so I can be the designated pusher!!

The designated pusher?!?!

I need to sleep on that......

Good morning, Violets..

Back from my therapy session and it was so much better today. I had my original therapist and I told her about yesterday's pain. She went easy on me today and told me to tell the other therapist when I couldn't take it. She said my knee looked "angry" when I came in today. We did my exercises and then she did some deep muscle massage and boy, did that feel good. She's concerned about the swelling and gave me hints to deal with that. By the time I left, I was bending at 95 and no pain like yesterday. whew.

Off to read tabloids today and start sitting in a chair more and more to help with the bending.

PamELa... I sent you an email this morning.

Everyone have a good day!!

I have not. :rolleyes:

WAAAHHHH!

Home from gym, allergy shots, Home Depot!!! Got the electric guy coming to do a service, then I gotta finish traffic school...again WAAAAHHHHH!

BBL

XOOXXOXO

Hey kids~

Janie, hope today is full of sunshine!!!

Grease movie was fun! not a lot of people, but I enjoyed it! They've added cool little graphics to the song parts and I can't wait to own it!

Today, I've got a pork loin in the crocker, Lifetime movies on, and we are going to swim and chillax. At 1pm we have a guy coming over to talk to us about solar paneling, etc. Otherthanthat...chillaxing!!!

Michelle, how goes the later part of summer? What are the activities going on w/ the kids? Are you ready to get them back to school?

Haydee, can't wait to see nursery pix!!!

Judy, so the painful therapy pushed through the increased range of motion... How is the pool...and what is up w/ the church?

Janie, are you tired of working two jobs? It is hard, I know...but think of the extra $$$

Laura, what is going on w/ you??? Does Carson know he is gonna be a big brother??

OK...back to a whole lotta nuttin!

Have a great weekend!

xoxooxoxox

Good afternoon, Violets..

A dreary, lazy day here. It's been raining most of the morning. I had a good night last night. Bob has been massaging my leg like the therapist did and it sure is making a difference. The swelling is really going down and it's easier to bend. I have the "mean" therapist on Monday so we'll see how that works out. I told bob he had to massage my knee before I headed to therapy and hopefully that will help.

The incision looks really good and is starting to itch now. I'm still taking the pain meds, but only 1/2 dosage and not as often.

About the church... wellllll.... the pastor is gone. His last Sunday was the 18th. It was a farewell service and one of the church ladies got up and said she had to say something and that was we had treated the pastor poorly and it should have come to a vote and it was not too late to have a vote. ummm hello.. he resigned!! It was so totally inapproprate for a farewell service. And this lady is usually so very quite. Never says boo. The conference minister was very good. He thanked her and just continued on with the service. We have lost several members, but those remaining are very optimistic about the future of the church. The people who are upset are being very vocal and very unchristian. One of the ladies passed my friend a note during the service that said.. "I hope you're happy now". How rude is that!!!???? Right now we have supply pastors filling the pulpit until we can get an interim. There are several possibilities and we should have an interim in place by early October. He/she will have a big job ahead of them, but it just had to be done. The staff says the atmosphere around the church is just so different.. much more relaxed and happy. I can't wait for the next phase to begin. I want my church back!

Off to relax some more before I exercise again at 4 and 8. My goal is to get in the pool tomorrow. We'll see how that goes weatherwise and being able to get up and down the ladder.

Everyone have a great weekend!